With a large maximum aperture of f/1.2 this professional lens is one of the fastest telephoto lenses in any class. One aspherical lens element and two high-refraction elements give sharp images with little flare even at maximum aperture. The floating system corrects coma for high image quality. The EF 85mm f/1.2L USM is superlative for portrait and low light shooting; It's a highly acclaimed lens designed to separate creative pros from the crowd.
The EF 85mm f/1.2L USM was originally introduced in 1989 alongside a similar looking normal sibling the EF 50mm f/1.0L USM. In 2006 Canon introduced a follow-up the EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM which keeps the combines the same great optical design with a noticeably faster focusing.
- Super-fast short telephoto prime for Canon EOS EF-Mount cameras
- Remarkable f/1.2 maximum aperture
- 8 bladed diaphragm, f/16 minimum aperture
- World class lens for portrait and low light shooting
- Outstanding image quality
- Breathtaking bokeh
- 8 elements in 7 groups
- 1 large ground & polished glass aspherical element
- 2 high refractive index elements
- Super Spectra Coated optics
- Close focuses to 0.95m (3.1ft)
- USM (UltraSonic Motor) drives focus quickly quietly
- Full time manual focus override*
- Marked depth of field scale
- 28°30' angle of view on full frame 35mm format
- 35mm equivalent of a 136mm on APC-C format sensors
- Weighs 1025g (36.1oz), 84mm long, 91.5mm diameter
Available accessories include: ES-79 Lens Hood, ES-79II Lens Hood, LH-D12 Lens Case, 72mm filters, spare caps.
*Requires power for focus motor.