The Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM is a premium ultrawide-angle lens producing full 35mm frame coverage for EF Mount SLRS. The 14mm f/2.8L II is Canon's widest fixed focal length rectilinear lens. The impressive 114° diagonal angle of view and close 7.9" minimum focus distance allow very unique perspectives useful in many applications and setting. Whether it's a hot air balloon ride advertising shoot, photojournalism in a cramped interior, or a building with a field of flowers in front, with professional grade L-Series optics, a bright maximum aperture of f/2.8, and environmental sealing the 14mm is ready to go to work.
Compared to it's predecessor the original Canon EF f/2.8 USM this lens features completely redesigned optics, including two high-precision Aspherical elements and two UD-glass elements. This results in better contrast and sharpness at the outer edges, and a reduction in chromatic aberrations that can sometimes be seen with high-resolution digital SLRs.
The 14mm f/2.8L II USM lens uses a rear focusing system, and a ring-type ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) with revised electronics for faster, more responsive AF. Full time manual focus override allows precise manual focus fine tuning in AF mode. At such a short focal length depth of field is tremendous and the lens features a circular diaphragm to help to create a pleasing bokeh as well.
- Top-tier Canon EF Mount ultra-wide angle lens
- Full 35mm format frame coverage
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Excellent image quality
- Premium L-Series optics
- Two UD (Ultralow Dispersion) elements
- Two Aspherical Elements
- 114° diagonal angle of view
- Dramatic ultra-wide-angle perspective
- Focus as close as .2m (7.9in) for dramatic perspective
- Ring type USM (Ultrasonic Motor) with full time manual focus override
- Dust and moisture-resistant construction
- Built-in rear Gel filter holder
- Integral lens petal style hood
Available accessories include: Canon Lens Cap 14/2.8L II, Canon EF Rear Cap, LP1016 Lens Case.