The Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L USM is a premium ultrawide-angle lens producing full 35mm frame coverage for EF Mount SLRS. The 14mm f/2.8L is Canon's widest fixed focal length rectilinear lens. The impressive 114° diagonal angle of view and close .8ft minimum focus distance allow very unique perspectives useful in many applications and setting. Whether it's a hot air balloon ride advertising shoot, photojournalism in a cramped interior, or a building with a field of flowers in front, with professional grade L-Series optics, a bright maximum aperture of f/2.8, and environmental sealing the 14mm is ready to go to work. .
The Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L USM was originally introduced by Canon in late 1991 and continued as the lineup's flagship ultrawide-angle until 2007 when a sucessor was released.; the Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM features redesigned optics. Due to it's enduring quality and competitive pricing this original model remains a popular choice.
The 14mm f/2.8L USM lens uses a rear focusing system, and a ring-type ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) for fast responsive AF; full time manual focus override allows precise manual focus fine tuning in AF mode. At such a short focal length depth of field is tremendous.
- Professional Canon EF Mount ultra-wide angle lens
- Full 35mm format frame coverage
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Excellent image quality
- Premium L-Series optics
- One Aspherical Element
- 114° diagonal angle of view
- Dramatic ultra-wide-angle perspective
- Focus as close as .25m (.8ft) for dramatic perspective
- Ring type USM (Ultrasonic Motor) with full time manual focus override
- Built-in rear Gel filter holder
- Integral lens petal style hood
Available accessories include: Caps, LP1016 Lens Case.