The EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM is a high performance, water-resistant, and ultra wide-angle Canon L-series lens. It has been specifically designed for improved edge-to-edge image quality that will meet the strict requirements of professional and high-end amateur photographers. It features 3 high-precision aspherical lens elements, each of a different type: ground, replica and GMo for even better image quality than the original EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM. The circular aperture produces a beautiful and natural background blur when shooting at wider apertures. Other features include internal focusing, a ring type USM (Ultra Sonic Monitor), and new AF algorithms for fast and quiet autofocusing.
Introduced in early 2007, the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM is replaced the venerable Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM. In 2016 Canon released a newer design the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM which offers a 9 bladed aperture and additional optical refinements (though at a higher price). With it's super versatile go anywhere range and bright solid optical perfomance the 16-35mm II remains a popular choice and a tremendous value.
- Top-tier Canon EF Mount ultra-wide-angle zoom lens
- Ultrawide to nearly normal, 108°10' through 63° angle of view (diagonal)
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Excellent image quality
- Premium L-Series optics
- Two UD (Ultralow Dispersion) elements
- Three Aspherical Elements (1 ground, 1 replica, 1 GMo)
- 7 blade circular aperture
- Focus as close as .28m (.92ft) for dramatic perspective
- Ring type USM (Ultrasonic Motor) with full time manual focus override
- Dust and moisture-resistant construction
- Uncompromising 82mm filter size
Available accessories include: LP1319 Lens Case, LZ1319 Lens Case, EW-88 Lens Hood, E-82 II Lens Cap, 82mm filters.