The EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM Lens from Canon is a top-of-the-line ultra high quality prime telephoto lens with 1:1 macro capability for Canon EOS SLR cameras. The 180mm is a unique lens with optimized ability to shoot very sharp high magnification images of small subject matter while allowing the photographer more working distance between the camera and subject. This extra capability to shoot at longer working distances allows more room for natural or supplemental lighting and makes maneuvering around some foreground challenges easier. Not just one of the best macro lenses made, the super sharp 180mm's L series optics make it an excellent general purpose telephoto that produces scenes with beautiful detail, contrast, and color. With it's flattering perspective and relatively fast aperture it's a solid portrait lens too.
The EF 180mm f/3.5 enjoys the superior optical and mechanical construction required to meet Canon's L-Series standards. The Super Spectra Coated 14 element 12 group design incorporates three UD (Ultra low Dispersion) glass elements to correct residual chromatic aberrations and provide overall sharp, high contrast images. The internal floating lens element system moves multiple groups to minimize fluctuations in aberrations caused by changes in the focusing distance. Optical performance is outstanding from 1x to infinity. The lens is also an IF (Internal Focus) design with a constant length and non-rotating front element. A fast Ring-Type USM (UltraSonic Motor) autofocus assembly enables fast, smooth and quiet autofocus and allows full time manual focus override in any mode. A focus range limit switch and rotating removable tripod mount are also provided.
Whether you're photographing butterflies, food, or people, the Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM is a remarkable tool that produces tremendous images from challenging situations; it's a very fine lens that any EOS user will appreciate the results from.
- Top-tier Canon EF Mount macro lens
- Telephoto lens designed for 1:1 life-size micro photography
- Full 35mm format frame coverage
- Narrow 13°13' angle of view (diagonal)
- 35mm equivalent focal length of 288mm when cropped to APS-C format
- Premium L-Series optics
- Floating elements for consistent quality throughout focus range
- High resolution & contrast, superb color reproduction, minimal distortion
- 14 elements in 12 groups
- Three UD (Ultralow Dispersion) elements
- Bright f/3.5 maximum aperture
- Long focal length provides extra macro working distance
- Close focus distance of 0.48m (1.57ft) with 1:1 reproduction ratio (lifesize magnification)!
- Internal Focus (IF) design and focus range limit switch (Full .48m - ∞, 1.5m - ∞) minimize AF time
- Ring type USM (Ultrasonic Motor) with full time manual focus override
- Large comfortable manual focus ring
- Focus scale includes reproduction ratios
- Non-rotating filter ring
- Premium L-Series mechanical construction
- Rotating removable tripod mount
Available accessories include: ET-78II Lens Hood, LZ1324 Lens Case, E-72 II Front Lens Cap, E-72U Front Lens Cap, Canon 72mm 500D Close-Up Lens, Canon EF Mount Extension Tubes, Canon EF Mount Tele-Extenders, Canon Tripod Mount Ring B (B), 72mm filters.