The Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Macro is one of the best all-purpose lenses that covers a full 35mm frame. This easy-to-use standard zoom lens can cover a large zoom area ranging from 24mm wide-angle to 105mm portrait-length telephoto, and its Image Stabilizer Technology steadies camera shake up to three stops. Constructed with one Super-UD glass element and three aspherical lenses, this lens minimizes chromatic aberration and distortion. The result is excellent picture quality, even at wide apertures. Canon's ring-type USM gives silent but quick AF, along with full-time manual focus. Moreover, with dust- and moisture-resistant construction, this is a durable yet sophisticated lens that meets the demands of advanced amateur photographers and professional photographers alike.
- Ultra-versatile general purpose zoom lens
- L-Series ('Leading' professional grade) design
- Covers full frame 35mm format
- 35mm format equivalent focal length range of 38-168mm on APS-C bodies
- Superb image quality with excellent contrast,color, and sharpness
- Relatively bright f/4 maximum aperture stays constant through zoom range
- IS (Image Stabilizer) optical image stabilization
- USM (UltraSonic Motor) for fast and quiet AF
- Internal focus and full time manual focus override
- Focuses down to .45m (1.5ft)
- Dust and moisture resistant design with environmental sealing
- Uses popular 77mm filters, non-rotating filter ring
- For Canon EOS cameras, useable on EF-Mount and EF-S mount bodies or adapters
Available accessories include Lens Case LP1219, Lens Hood EW-83H, 77mm filters, and caps.
After a year of using an 18-55mm kit lens I decided to upgrade to a better lens. At first I thought about the Canon 18-135MM but after using a friend's 24-105mm L I was sold. I traded in my old lens towards the 24-105mm L and never looked back. It has become what I call the family historian. It goes everywhere that I do. It may be a bit heavier but the image quality more than makes up for the extra weight. The L glass is superb! I may never buy a non L glass lens again. The constant f/4 aperture is great for everything that I do. I shoot aperture priority a good bit of the time and it is nice to set it to f/4 and just go. I like the shallower depth of field that the wider aperture gives in the normal to tele settings. Of course I have used the lens throughout the entire f/stop range. I love the IS (Image Stabilization) this lens has. I can now hand hold a couple of shutter speeds lower than Image Stabilization. Canon states up to 3 stops in their specs and I can definitely get 2 stops; I could probably go lower if I were younger. My 24-105mm L came with caps, lens hood and a soft pouch. The lens hood stays on all the time except when I used an on camera flash. The lens hood can get in the way in certain settings. I also use a Canon 77mm sharp cut UV filter that stays on as well. - Larry H