The EOS 5DS is one of Canon's top of the line and highest resolution digital SLR camera bodies. It's a full featured pro grade body that noticeably employs a 50 megapixel resolution 24x36mm sensor (full frame 35mm format) to produce images with clarity previously available only to digital medium format users . The 5DS' superior detail allows a greater degree of cropping and enlargement without the image falling apart. With resolutions up to 8688x5792 pixels you can make enlargements more than twice the printable area of a 5d Mark III with comparable quality when using the best lenses. The 5DS uses a low-pass anti-aliasing filter to avoid the potential for moir? or color aliasing artifacts in images; users seeking a bit more resolving power and those not worried about occasional moir? or artifacts should consider the EOS 5DSR which forgoes the Low Pass Filter.
The body and mechanicals have been engineered to minimize vibrations including mirror motor mechanisms that fully control the mirror and counteract shake, customizable shutter delay, and a reenforced tripod mount for a stable base. The entire image processing workflow has been designed to keep up with the vast amount of data generated and still shoot at 5fps( frames per second). New settings include a Fine Detail Picture Style to specifically preserve subtle detail by avoiding unnecessary contrast enhancement and sharpening.
While it's incredible resolution grabs most of the headlines, the EOS 5DS has many other remarkable features and amenities. It's Autofocus and metering system are super accurate and as sensitive. A 61-Point High Density Reticular AF area uses up to 41 cross-type AF points and EOS iTR (Intelligent Tracking & Recognition) allows for high precision autofocus even with fast action subject matter.& The 150,000-pixel metering sensor is color sensitive and also meters with infrared light. The body is as solid and sealed as you'd expect from a camera targeting demanding pros and enthusiasts. Both the 100% coverage viewfinder and Large LCD screen are bright and clear; both viewing options can show either crop lines or crop masking when shooting 1.3x and 1.6x crops. Other amenities include center focus point f/8 AF sensitivity, movies up to 1080p30, Dual card slots (one CF UDMA7 and one SDXC UHS-I), USB 3.0 connectivity, and a handy anti-flicker feature for shooting under fluorescents or other continous lighting.
Want epic detail on epic wall prints for your photography? This is the camera, add really sharp lens, tripod, and travel.
- 50.6 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
- ultra-high resolution images for large-scale printing and extensive, creative cropping
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors enable spectacular image processing speed and quality
- LPF (Low-pass filter) prevents moir? and color aliasing artifacts
- EOS Scene Detection System features a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- Mirror control mechanism and user-selectable shutter delay help suppress camera vibration
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF area includes up to 41 cross-type AF points and EOS iTR (Intelligent Tracking & Recognition)
- Anti-flicker helps compensate for flickering light sources and provides consistent exposure and color during continuous shooting
- 1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting settings
- Intelligent Viewfinder II with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps
- Full HD 30p movie capability and Time Lapse Movie function
- Bright 3.2in 1,040,000-dot VGA ClearView II LCD monitor with 170° viewing angle & reflection resistance.
- Customizable Quick Control Screen allows fast access to frequently used camera settings and functions
- Support for USB 3.0
Available accessories include the Battery Grip BG-E11, Battery Pack LP-E6/LP-E6N, Battery Charger LC-E6, GPS Receiver GP-E2, Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A, Canon EOS EF L-series Lenses, and 600EX II-RT Speedlite.