The Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i is a very capable and user friendly digital SLR camera. The Rebel T1i is considered an entry level camera but a high quality one that enables significant growth in the art craft of photography thanks to plentiful manual and automatic options; as part of Canon's world renowned EOS photography system it also offers a great deal of extensibility. The T1i is an ideal choice for photography students and enthusiasts searching for a low cost camera with a solid practical feature set.
The Canon T1i is packed with features, both refined and new. In addition to admirable performance from a 15.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor, DIGIC 4 Image Processor, 3.0-inch Clear View LCD with anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coating, and compatibility with the EOS System of lenses and Speedlites, the EOS Rebel T1i adds HD video capture at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080. An HDMI port allows for quick connections to high definition TVs and monitors for easy viewing of your stills and videos. Operation is simple and easy, even for beginners.
Originally introduced in early 2009, the T1i is the direct replacement for the Canon Rebel XSi. The EOS Rebel T1i was also marketed as the Canon EOS Kiss Digital X3 in Japan and as the Canon EOS 500D in Asia, Europe, and Oceania. In 2010 Canon released a follow-up: the EOS Rebel T2i.
- Affordable yet feature packed DSLR
- 15.1 Megapixel APS-C format Self Cleaning CMOS Sensor (3168 x 4752 resolution)
- DIGIC IV integrated processor
- 3.4 fps shooting for up to 170 JPEG shots or 9 Raw images
- ISOs from 100 to 3200, expandable up to 12,800
- Four increments of noise reduction
- 5 light meter pattern modes, including 4% spot
- 14bit Analog To Digital conversion and Raw file output
- Auto Lighting Optimizer for superior highlight/shadow control
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- Peripheral Illumination Correction optimizes image based on lens characteristics
- Phase Detection TTL Autofocus, 9 Points including Cross Type center point
- Face Detection & Contrast Detection AF modes available in LiveView
- 14 shooting modes including Movie and Creative Auto
- Full HD 1080p20, or 720p30 Video Recording,
- Built-in microphone
- Built-in pop-up flash, Hotshoe
- E-TTL II flash metering, compatible with all EX series Speedlights
- Uses SD (Secure Digital) and SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) memory cards
- HDMI C & USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connectivity
- 13 Custom Functions
- 3inch 920,000 dot LCD monitor with anti-reflective & scratch-resistant coatings
Available accessories include: Canon BG-E5 Battery Grip, LP-E5 batteries, Canon EH-19L Case, Canon Infrared Remotes (RC-1, RC-5, others), Canon RS-60E3 corded remote (or other E3 type connector remotes), AC Adapter Kit ACK-E5.