The Canon EOS Kiss X is an entry level digital SLR camera first introduced in late 2006. It continues to be a popular model with photography students and enthusiasts as an affordably priced relatively large sensor DSLR that accepts a nearly unlimited range of lens options. The EOS EOS Kiss X is the successor to the best selling Canon EOS Kiss N. The EOS Kiss X offers significant improvements over it's predecessor including: an all new 10 megapixel sensor, vibrating anti-static coated low-pass filter, internal materials not prone to create dust, Delete Dust Data feature, faster and longer burst shooting, 2.5 inch 160° viewing angle screen, power saving viewfinder in use sensor, improved menus and controls, RGB channel histograms, auto image noise reduction option, 6 pre-set picture styles (including monochrome), 3 user customizable picture styles, expanded image parameters range with Black & White filter and toner emulation options.
The EOS Kiss X was also marketed as the Canon Rebel XTi in the Americas and as the Canon EOS 400D in Asia, Europe, and Oceania. Also available in Black. In 2008 Canon released a follow-up: the EOS Kiss X2.
- Affordable entry level DSLR
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- 10 Megapixel APS-C format CMOS Sensor (2592 x 3888 resolution)
- Vibrating anti-static coated AA filter, Dust Delete Data
- 12 shooting modes
- Wide-area Phase Detection TTL Autofocus, 9 Points
- Center AF point sensitive to f/2.8
- DIGIC II integrated processor
- 3fps shooting for up to 27 JPEG shots or 10 Raw images
- ISOs from 100 to 1600
- Picture styles: 6 pre-set (including Monochrome) & 3 user customizable
- Black & White filter emulation, B&W tone options
- Expanded image parameter ranges
- Built-in pop-up flash (95.5mm above lens center), Hotshoe
- E-TTL II flash metering, compatible with all EX series Speedlights
- Uses CF (Compact Flash) memory cards (Type I, II, Microdrive Compatible)
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connectivity
- 2.5in 230,000 dot LCD monitor with wide viewing angle
- No liveview, 10X playback zoom
- Eleven Custom Functions
Available accessories include: Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip, NB-2LH batteries, Canon EH-18L Case, Canon Infrared Remotes (RC-1, RC-5, others), Canon RS-60E3 corded remote (or other E3 type connector remotes).