The Canon Powershot G1X is an high end compact digital camera with a relatively large 14x18.7mm ('1.5 inch') CMOS sensor, a high quality wide-angle to portrait zoom lens, a 3inch side flipscreen, and extensive DSLR like manual controls. The G1X is not a typical 'point and shoot' camera; it's a photographer's compact camera, made with extensive controls and capabilities so enthusiasts and pros can more fully realize their creative vision even when traveling light.
The G1X is bright and fast, it uses advanced technologies that move beyond anything the premium G-Series has seen before. The camera's 1.5-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor approaches an EOS DSLR's APS-C sized sensor, with a light-sensitive area that's approximately 6.3 times larger than that of the PowerShot G12 digital camera. The G1X features a new 14.3 megapixel sensor, a new 28-112mm equivalent lens, and a DIGIC 5 Image Processor to deliver image quality previously not seen from a compact camera; this combination delivers beautiful blur, lower noise, and extraordinary resolution in low-light shooting. The G1X can shoot at ISOs of up to 12800 and also has 14-bit RAW for even greater creative control. Full HD Video recording is possible as well. Manual settings and operability inherited from EOS cameras impart a high-level shooting experience, and open the door to new creative possibilities. Substantive luxury defines the design: a neatly clarified sculpture with a firm grip, huge Vari-angle LCD and optical viewfinder. A hotshoe with TTL connection sand pop-up flash are also provided.
The Powershot G1X was originally introduced in 2012. In 2014 Canon introduced a successor the G1X Mark II.
- Premium compact camera for advanced amateurs, enthusiasts, & pros
- Big 14x18.7mm sensor (80% of APS-C area, larger than 4/3 format)
- 14.3MP (3264x4352)'1.5 inch' CMOS
- ISOs up to 12,800 and 14 Bit RAW option
- 15.1-60.4mm f/2.8-5.8 Zoom Lens (28-112mm equivalent)
- 11 elements in 10 groups
- 3 Double Side Aspherical elements
- Accepts LH-DC70 Lens Hood
- Optical Image Stabilizer and Hybrid IS
- Optical Viewfinder
- 3 inch 920K dot side flip articulating LCD Monitor
- 1080p24 video capture
- Hot shoe with TTL and ECF connections, built-in pop-up flash
- Extensive mode and settings options
- Plentiful DSLR like external controls
- USB 2.0 Mini-B , Mini HDMI, 2.5mm Corded Remote, & SDXC connectivity
- Accepts LH-DC70 Lens Hood
Available accessories include: LH-DC70 Lens Hood, FA-DC58C 58mm Filter Adapter, SC-DC75 Case, DCC-1800 Case, WP-DC44 Case, DSCPSC-6000 Case, Canon EX Series Speedlites, RS-60E3 Remote Switch, NB-10L Battery Pack, CB-2LCE Charger, ACK-DC80 AC Adapter, NS-DC9 Neck Strap, Lens Cap, EVF-DC1 Electronic Viewfinder.