The Canon EOS Digital Rebel T3 is an economical yet feature rich Digital Camera perfect for photographers ready to make the move to interchangeable lens SLR photography. The EOS Rebel T3 delivers beautiful photos & video and it's a fun easy to use camera with good shooting speed. The T3 employs a large APS-C size 12.2 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor and Canon DIGIC 4 Image Processor for richly detailed images and quick camera response. It's an superb choice for aspiring photographers who want excellent results and good expansion options without breaking the budget.
The Rebel T3 was introduced in 2011 alongside it's sibling the slightly more expensive Rebel T3i. The Rebel T3 offers many of the same features and functionality as the T3i with a few caveats: the built-in flash doesn't operate as a wireless commander unit, the rear screen is slightly smaller and non-articulating, ISO expansion above 6400 isn't an option, maximum video resolution is 720p30, there's no external microphone jack, no in-camera creative filter options, it forgoes a self cleaning sensor, and the T3 omits IR remote control connectivity in favor of a corder remote socket.
What the EOS T3 offers photographers is the most popular and commonly used features at great pricing, it's a tremendous value in a camera that opens up the world of high quality photography to more people; it's a great option for photography students, enthusiasts, and families.
- Ultra affordable economized entry level DSLR
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- 12 Megapixel APS-C format CMOS Sensor (2848 x 4272 resolution)
- Anti-static coated AA filter, Dust Delete Data
- 12 shooting modes
- Wide-area Phase Detection TTL Autofocus, 9 Points
- Center AF point is Cross Type sensitive to f/5.6
- 63 zone TTL metering, 3 meter pattern option (Evaluative, 10% Spot, Center-Weighted)
- DIGIC 4 integrated processor
- 14bit Analog To Digital conversion and Raw file output
- 3fps continous JPEG shooting (no buffer limit), 2fps Raw shooting (up to 6 images)
- Continous Self Timer option
- ISOs from 100 to 6400, visible in viewfinder
- Built-in pop-up flash, Hotshoe
- E-TTL II flash metering, compatible with all EX series Speedlights
- SDXC memory card slot
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connectivity
- 10 Custom Functions
- 2.7inch 230,000 dot LCD monitor with wide viewing angle
- LiveView with 100% sensor coverage and metering
- LiveView autofocus requires temporary mirror lowering
- LiveView manual focus with optional 5x/10X focus point magnification
Available accessories include: spare LP-E10 batteries, LC-E10 Charger, Canon EH-19L Case, Canon RS-60E3 corded remote (or other E3 type connector remotes), AC Adapter Kit ACK-E10.