The Pentax K1000 is an all mechanical manual 35mm film SLR (Single Lens Reflex) SLR. The K1000 has earned a reputation as a solid reliable camera with only fully manual functions. The no frills design means the user must figure out what they are doing (if they don't already know). It's a tool perfect for learning because it requires deliberate thought about setting framing, focus, and exposure. When a photographer learns how to use a fully manual camera like the K1000 they'll have a fundamental foundation of understanding how any camera works.
Consequently the K1000 remained in production for decades and is one of the most popular cameras of all time. A special edition K1000 SE was also made which has leather grip surfaces.
- Classic, popular camera perfect for learning the art of photography!
- All shutter speeds are mechanical
- Battery only powers the light meter
- TTL (through-the-lens) manual light metering with a center-weighted pattern
- Straitforward single-needle light meter display in viewfinder
- Shutter speeds: 1s-1/1000 second, plus B (Bulb mode for longer exposures)
- TTL manual metering with a center-weighted pattern
- Hot shoe and PC sync terminal (X only)
- Flash sync at shutter speeds 1/60 second and slower
- ISO range: 20-3200, set manually Threaded shutter release button accepts standard threaded mechanical cable release cables/cords