Leica M Monochrome
Countless iconic black-and-white photographs have been shot with the legendary cameras of the Leica M-System.
So it was time for a camera to continue this tradition and finally make it possible to deliver authentic monochrome photography in digital form: the Leica M Monochrom. It is the first full-frame, 35 mm format digital camera to be designed exclusively and without any compromises for black-and-white photography. It delivers true black-and-white images in unrivalled sharpness and dynamic range. This makes the M Monochrom the perfect camera for anyone with a passion for black-and-white photography.
- Body Type: Compact Digital
- Sensor Size: 18 Megapixels
- ISO: 320 to 10,000
- Lens: Accepts M lenses from 16mm to 135mm
- Aperture: N/A
- Lens Mount: Leica M
- Shutter Speeds: In aperture priority mode (A), continuous from 32 s to 1/4000 s. In manual mode, 8 s to 1/4000 s in half increments,B for time exposures up to max. 240 s, (1/180 s) shortest flash sync speed.
- Burst Rate: Approx. 2 fps maximum 8 frames
- Flash: Via hot shoe, no flash built-in
- White Balance: N/A
- Exposure Modes: Aperture priority mode or manual
- Shooting Modes: N/A
- Movie Modes: None
- Color Shooting: N/A
- Self Timer: 2 s (in aperture priority or manual exposure modes) or 12 s delay menu setting option, countdown is indicated by a flashing LED on the front of the camera and a corresponding display on the monitor.
- Video Output: N/A
- Viewfinder: Large, bright, combined bright-line viewfinder with automatic parallax compensation. 2.5" monitor (color TFT-LCD) with 230,000 pixels.
- File Formats: RAW, JPEG
- Film Simulation: N/A
- Storage Media: SD,SDHC
- Remote: N/A
- Power: Lithium ION
- Computer Connectivity: USB
- Operating Systems Required: Windows XP SP 2 and higher, MAC 10.6.08 or higher
- Dimensions: 3.53 x 2.03 x.94 inches
- Weight: 21 oz.