Accessories & Related Products
Leica M6 TTL Black (.72X Finder/28-135mm) 35mm Rangefinder Camera Body Description
The Leica M6 TTL is a 35mm rangefinder film camera designed for the legendary Leica M-mount system which features arguably the best glass in the world.
This black chrome TTL version (1998-2002) added TTL flash control which the previous M6 version (1984-1998) did not offer. For TTL ambient light metering, the finder offers two shutter / aperture arrows and a round LED in the middle to mark accurate exposure. In addition to the ambient light photocell, the Leica M6 TTL is equipped with a hot shoe and a second photocell for flash. A synchronization socket is on the back of the body for using flash units with a cable. Focus is verified through a bright rangefinder field in the center of the viewfinder window. This can be used for either coincidence (double-image, best in most situations) or split-image rangefinder focusing (best with buildings, straight lines).
The Leica M6 TTL’s 0.72x viewfinder offers a high-contrast bright-line viewfinder that adjusts to the mounted lens and is coupled to the focusing mechanism to compensate for parallax. The six frame lines for the 0.72x viewfinder are 28 / 90mm, 35 / 135mm, and 50 / 75mm. When a lens is fitted that does not correspond to the lines, the M6 has a frame preselector to allow you to view the scene as if composing with one of the six frame line lengths.
Shutter speeds are adjusted with an “ergonomically perfect” dial atop the body, marking speeds of 1/1000 second to 1 second, bulb, and flash sync. The M6 also features the quick-wind lever for faster film advancement during rapid sequences.
Leica M-mount cameras are some of the most solid film bodies ever created and are designed to use the legendary Leica M-mount lenses. The M6 is the perfect body for street, travel, and every day use.
- 35mm Rangefinder
- Leica M-mount system
- Mechanically controlled shutter
- Shutter speeds 1/1000 - bulb
- 0.72x viewfinder
- Rapid film advance lever
- Manual ambient light metering
- TTL flash metering
Available accessories include: Body cap, Leica SF 20 flash, diopters, and Leica M-mount lenses.
- Model: M6 TTL .72x
- Body Type: rangefinder
- Material: metal
- Viewfinder Frames: Optical with 28-135 frames
- Preview: Yes
- Compatible Lenses: Leica M, Leica screw mount (with optional adapter)
- Shutter Speeds: 1 sec. - 1/1000 sec. and B
- Flash Sync: 1/50th of a sec.
- Flash Connection Type: Hot shoe and x sync receptor
- Film Advance: manual
- Motor Capable: Yes
- Meter: Internal 12mm spot, battery 2 MS76
- Dimension: 5.4 x 3 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 20.6 oz.
- Years Produced: 1984-1998
- Battery: Two very common A76 or S76 (11.6 x 5.4mm) button cells, also known as D357, 10L14, EPX76, KS76,SR44, 357, and V76PX or One 3V lithium CR 1/3N
- Country of Origin: Germany
|Manufacturer Part Number||10433|
|Lens Mount||Leica M|