Accessories & Related Products
Mamiya 645AFD II Medium Format Camera Body Description
The Mamiya 645AFD II is a an autofocus medium format camera body. It's the successor to the Mamiya 645AFD which in turn replaced the original Mamiya 645AF camera. The 645AFDII features numerous refinements of the already much refined 645AFD design; this continued evolution has resulted in a highly customizable tool with very well thought out controls that are practical and intuitive thanks to feedback from Mamiya pros and users.
Responding to the demands of medium format film and digital shooters, Mamiya has incorporated the latest auto focusing technology into the new 645AFD II. In addition to a faster, more sensitive focus response, the 645AFDII offers a selective spot or wide focus area within its "| + |" CCD focus pattern sensor array. As you would expect, single, continuous and manual focus overrides are available as shooting situations change. Mamiya designed the new 645AFDII with the necessary features and functions to seamlessly support both film and digital capture all in one camera system.
Mamiya pioneered the world's first true cross-platform film or digital camera, and now includes its latest MSC (Mamiya Serial Communication) data transfer technology in the 645AFDII. All critical exposure and shooting information is internally exchanged between the camera and compatible digital camera backs. Whether you're shooting film or digital, it's an affordable and technologically advanced medium format camera. The 645AFDII is loaded with 36 custom functions.
Individual camera preferences such as 1/3, 1/2 or full aperture/shutter speed increments, flash synch speed, dial functions, exposure compensation increments, bracketing sequence, dial direction setting and much more are easily set and recalled in a snap. In addition, separate user configurations can be set and recalled on-the-fly when several photographers are using the same camera.
Dedicated "Quick Action" buttons have also been designed into the 645AFD II for fast activation of such functions as multiple exposures, auto-bracketing, key lock, auto exposure lock and auto focus lock. The Mamiya 645AFDII combines sophisticated advanced features, integrated microprocessor controlled electronics, enhanced performance and the quality of medium format film or digital capture with the power of proven World-Class Mamiya autofocus optics.
- Highly refined and customizable autofocus 645 medium format camera
- Useable with digital backs and film backs
- Improved motor and focusing algorithm
- AFL (AutoFocus Lock) button located above Depth of Field Preview Button
- 36 Custom Functions
- Exposure Compensation selectable in 1/2 or 1/3 stop increments
- Electronic Mirror Lock-Up Control
- Easier to access Self Timer setting
- 1/4000s top shutter speed and X flash sync up to 1/125s
- Auto Exposure, Auto Bracketing, Multiple Metering Patterns,
- TTL Flash Hotshoe, PC Sync Socket, Electronic & Mechanical Cable Release Sockets
- Runs on six AA batteries
Available accessories include PE401 External Battery Case, 804821 1m Electronic Shutter Release, 804822 5m Electronic Shutter Release, Checker (Grid) Focusing Screen, and Microprism Type C Focusing Screen (for non-AF lenses), Mamiya 645 AF System Lenses, M645 system manual focus lenses (stop down metering only).
- Type: 6x4.5 cm format, electronically controlled focal-plane shutter, TTL multiple mode AE, AF single lens reflex
- Exposure-Control Modes: Aperture-priority AE, shutter-priority AE, programmed AE (PH, PL setting possible), and manual
- Lens Mount: Mamiya 645 AF Mount, compatible with M645 Mount (manual focus confirmation, focus aid, stopped-down exposure metering)
- Autofocus System: TTL phase difference detection method; sensor: CCD line sensor. (I+I type); operating range: EV0 to EV18 (ISO 100)
- Shutter: Electronically controlled vertical metal focal-plane shutter. (vertical
- Shutter Speed: AE 30 to 1/4000 sec. (1/8 step), manual 30 to 1/4000 sec. (1/2 or
1/3 steps), X, B (Bulb, electronically controlled), shutter curtain
protection mechanism (open when magazine is removed,
automatically closed when magazine is attached)
- Metering: TTL metering, center-weighted average (AV), spot (S), and
variable ratio (A-S auto)
- Film-speed Range: ISO 25 - 6400
- Mirror Up Shot: Select by pressing the mirror up button
- Viewfinder: Fixed prism viewfinder magnification x0.71; built-in diopter
adjustment (-2.5 to +0.5, optional diopter correction lenses provide
adjustment ranges of -5 to -2 diopter and 0 to +3 diopter); built-in
- Flash: TTL direct flash control, supports Metz SCA3002 system
- Film Advance: Automatic via built-in motor, single or continuous exposures.
- Film loading: Automatic advance to first frame when shutter release button is
- pressed once (Easy Loading)
- Power: 6 AA-size batteries (alkaline-magnesium, lithium)
- Self Timer: 2 to 60 sec. (standard: 10 sec., can be set in 1 sec. steps between
2 and 10 sec., and in 10 sec. steps between 10 and 60 sec.)
- Dimensions: 6 ”(W)X5 ”(H)X7.3 ”(D)
- Weight: (WITHOUT battery:) 3.8 lb / 1,730 g
|Manufacturer Part Number||320100|
|Lens Mount||Mamiya 645AF & Phase One|