The Nikkor 16-80mm f/2.8-4E is a fast high end wide-angle to short telephoto zoom lens for Nikon DX format DSLRs.&nsbp; The 16-80mm covers a broader range than most f/2.8 aperture wide-angle zooms. It's versatile lens that takes great images in a variety of settings.
The 16-80mm f/2.8-4 E ED IF DX AF-S VR uses 17 elements in 13 groups to produce the best image quality possible and includes 3 Aspherical and 4 ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements to help minimize distortion and abberations. All elements are fully multicoated with Nikon's SIC (Super Integrated Coating) antireflective coating to minimize ghosting and produce the best possible contrast and color and Nikon's next generation Nano Crystal Coat is also applied to some some surfaces to dramatically reduce flare. The lens features Nikon's VR (Vibration Technology) optical image stabilization system which uses sensors to detect lens shake and moves special lens elements in real time to counteract the shake and reduce the blur it would otherwise cause. The VR system allows the photographer to take handheld pictures at up to four shutter speeds slower than would normally be pratical. VR is helpful for slow sync photography too.
The Nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-4 E IF DX AF-S VR is a great travel and special event (including weddings) lens especially when paired up with a separate stronger telephoto (or ultra wide angle) and the focal length overlap means you don't have to risk missing shots switching lenses as often.
- Pro grade Nikon F Mount lens
- Designed exclusively for DX format sensors
- 35mm Equivalent of a 24-120mm
- Versatile 5X wide-angle to short-tele/portrait zoom range
- Amazing travel & special event lens
- Highly corrected optical design delivers professional image quality
- 3 Aspherical lens elements help minimize distortion
- 4 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements help minimized chromatic aberration
- N (Nano Crystal Coating)
- SIC (Super Integrated Coating)
- Rounded diaphragm to make out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- Ultra responsive electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism*
- VR (Vibration Reduction) system reduces loss of sharpness from camera/lens shake
- Internal Focus (IF) design
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides quick and quiet autofocusing
- Full time manual focus override
- Close focuses to .35m (1.15ft)
Available accessories include: HB-75 Lens Hood, CL-1218 Soft Case, 72mm filters.
*As of 09/11/2017 compatibile with D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, D300, D300s, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800E, D810, D810A, D850, D3x, D4, D4s, Df, D500, D5 and later models.