The Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6 is a super-telephoto zoom lens for Nikon DSLR cameras. The 200-500mm delivers a zoom range not previously available from Nikon in such a relatively compact and affordable package.&nbp; With 20% more available magnification than other telephoto zoom options that max out at 400mm the 200-500mm is a hit with sports and wilflife photographers.
Nikon users looking for a slightly more compact or weather sealed telephoto zoom should also consider the Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR.
- Compact super telephoto zoom lens for birding, wildlife, motorsports, events and more
- 500mm focal length with FX-format coverage
- 750mm equivalent on DX-format DSLRS
- Nikon F Mount E Type (electro-magnetic aperture)
- Fast f/5.6 constant aperture for low-light performance, & beautiful out-of-focus backgrounds
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Great contrast color and sharpness
- High quality 19 element 12 group optical design
- 3 ED (Extra low Dispersion) glass elements
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Internal Focus (IF) design
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides ultra fast and quiet focus
- AF compatible with optional TC-14E series teleconverters and DSLRs that offer f/8 support
- M/A focus setting allows full time manual focus override
- ~4.5 stops of Vibration Reduction with specialized Tripod and Sports modes
- Rotating tripod/monopod mount & and carry handle
- Zoom lock switch for easy transport
- Focus range limit switch
Available accessories include 95mm filters, caps, TC-14E/TC-17E/TC-20E series teleconverters, CL-1434 Lens Case, HB-71 reversible bayonet Lens Hood.