The AF-Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 D IF Macro is a mid range zoom lens for Nikon film cameras and full frame digital SLRs. The 28-105mm zoom range is extremely practical for travel and people pictures being able to reframe from landscapes to groups to head and shoulder portraits without switching to lenses. When set in-between the 50mm and 105mm position a dedicated macro switch can be engaged that allows additional close focus. This macro mode allows up to a one-half lifesize 1:2 reproduction ratio without the need for additional equipment. The 1:2 ratio means you can fill your negative or sensor frame with an area just twice as large as the sensor or film frame itself; it's a convenient capability for nice pictures of flowers, collectibles, baby hands, or even pet paws.
- Compact standard zoom with full 35mm frame coverage (FX Format)
- Zooms from wide angle to portrait focal length range
- Macro mode (useable from 50-105mm) allows up to 1:2 reproduction ratio
- Strong optical performance
- Hybrid-type aspherical lens element for minimized distortion
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) prevents lens flare and ghosting
- Classic AF Nikkor construction and styling
- Mechanical aperture control ring enables use on broadest possible range of cameras
- "D" chip transmits distance information to compatible bodies for improved flash metering and exposure
Available accessories include the HB-18 lens hood to prevent lens glare and flare, and 62mm filters.