The Nikkor 28mm f/1.8 G AF-S is a high quality fixed focal length wide-angle lens for Nikon FX format digital SLR and late model 35mm film camera bodies. The 28mm f/1.8 G is part of a new generation of Nikon ultra fast prime lenses that incorporate the latest optical and mechanical advances. The optical formula uses 11 elements in 9 groups including 2 aspherical elements as well as Nano Crystal Coating and SIC (Super Integrated Coating) to produce outstanding clarity and remarkable contrast even in backlit situations. The ultra-fast f/1.8 maximum aperture design allow the lens to excel in available light shooting and dramatically blur backgrounds. The Rounded 7-blade diaphragm helps the lens produce beautiful natural out of focus areas. Focus performance is state of the art too with rear focus design coupled to a fast AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) with an M/A focus mode providing full time manual focus override.
It's especially good for shooting available light situations, landscapes, travel and wide-angle action but the 28mm focal length has a multitude of potential uses where it can deliver it's superb prime image quality. The Nikkor 28mm f/1.8 G AF-S is an is ideal lens for any serious full frame Nikon photographer to have in their bag.
- Fast f/1.8, FX-format prime (fixed focal length) wide-angle lens
- Amazing sharpness, contrast & color reproduction
- 2 aspherical elements help minimize abberation
- N (Nano Crystal Coat) next generation coating reduces ghosting & flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally
- SIC (Super Integrated Coating) multi layer anti-reflective coating
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm
- Rear Focus design makes filter usage easier
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor)
- M/A Focus Mode allows full time manual focus override
- Close focusing to 0.85 feet
- Also useable as a fast normal lens on the DX format
Available accessories include the HB-64 Bayonet Lens Hood, CL-0915 Semi-soft Lens Case, and 67mm filters.