The AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED is a macro lens designed for Nikon Digital SLR and late model 35mm film SLR cameras. The lens combines legendary Micro Nikkor optics and advanced Nikon lens technologies for stunningly sharp close-up and macro images up to life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio).
The Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S uses 12 SIC elements in 9 groups including 2 Aspherical elements and 1 ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass element for optimal results and negligible aberration or distortion. All elements are SIC (Super Integrated Coating) anti-reflective multicoated and one surface has a next generation Nano Crystal Coated (N) for maximum contrast and accurate color reproduction even in tough lighting. The highly corrected optical design delivers incredibly detailed images with outstanding contrast, rich color, and low distortion. The 60mm f/2.8G ED produces beautiful bokeh (background blur) at its wider aperture settings and features a 9 bladed aperture.
This compact, versatile Micro lens provides continuous autofocus from infinity to life-size (1:1). With its wide focusing range, the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED is not limited to extreme close-up photography; in addition to close-up and low distortion copy work it's a great general photography lens as well. It works well on both Full Frame FX format and DX format bodies. When used on a DX format body the a field of view is equivalent to using a 90mm lens on a Full Frame camera, perfect for portraits.
Whether you're photographing paintings at the studio, specimens at the lab, flowers in the yard, collectibles in the garage, baby hands in the grib, pet paws on the couch, landscapes or even portraits you'll be amazed at the level of detail you can capture. The Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S is a tremendously good quality lens that any photographer will enjoy using.
- Compact versatile Micro-Nikkor macro lens with broad range of applications
- Optimized for high resolution close-up photography
- 1:1 lifesize reproduction ratio fills frame with subjects the size of your sensor
- Close focus distance of 7.2 inches (.185m) unaugmented
- Normal focal length on FX format
- Portrait focal length on DX format (equivalent to 90mm)
- Highly corrected optical design delivers incredibly sharp images with outstanding contrast color and low distortion
- Two aspherical lens elements minimize abberations and distortion
- ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass element
- Nano Crystal Coat next generation anti-reflective coating
- SIC (Super Integrated Coating) multilayer anti-reflective coating
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides ultra fast and quiet focus
- M/A Focus Mode allows full time manual focus override
- Focus scale marked with reproduction ratios
- IF (Internal Focus) design eliminates filter rotation & lens length changes
- Useable with extension tubes and close-up filters for even greater magnification
- Uses popular 62mm size filters
Available accessories include HB-42 Bayonet Lens Hood, CL-1018 Lens Case, extension tubes, R1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System