Accessories & Related Products
Nikon Nikkor 14-24mm F/2.8 G ED IF AF-S Aspherical Autofocus Lens Description
The Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 G ED IF AF-S Aspherical lens is the top of line rectilinear ultra-wide angle zoom with FX format coverage for Nikon DSLR cameras (or even late model film SLRs). The 14-24mm is a historic lens remarkable for it's powerful combination of an extremely wide field of view, image quality notably superior to the competing full 35mm frame wide angle options that preceded it, and a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture through out it's entire broad zoom range.
At 14mm it's 114° diagonal angle of view the is 7° wider than a 16mm focal length and 10° wider than a 17mm focal length. The 14-24mm makes liberal use of enhanced optical formulas engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, rendering outstanding image integrity. Nikon's state of the art Nano Crystal Coat and Super Integrated Coating effectively eliminate flare and ghosting to maximum contrast and clarity. The bright f/2.8 maximum aperture allows use of faster shutter speeds, shooting in available light and selective background blur.
The 14-24mm is and IF (Internal Focus) design coupled to an AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) to enable ultra high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation as well as full time manual focus override. With a .28m (0.9ft) minimum focus you can produce dramatic close-up perspective while zooming to frame exactly what you want.
The Nikon 14-24mm f2.8G is especially popular for landscapes, travel, photojournalism & documentary photography. It's a very versatile lens that's great for photographing in cramped spaces or shooting large things.
- Top-tier ultra-wide angle zoom lens
- Full frame FX format coverage
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture, constant through zoom range
- Outstanding & revolutionary image quality
- 3 Aspherical elements
- 3 ED (Extra low Dispersion) glass elements
- Rounded 9 blade aperture
- Fast AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) responds quickly & quietly
- Internal Focus (IF) system
- Full time manual override with M/A focus mode
- Focus as close as .28m (0.9ft) for dramatic perspective
- Rugged construction & professional-grade dust and moisture resistance
- Integral lens petal style hood
Available accessories include replacement 4920 Front Lens Cap, CL-M3 Semi-soft Lens Case, LF-1 or LF-4 rear lens caps.
- Focal Length: 14-24mm
- Aperture Maximum: f/2.8
- Aperture Minimum: f/22
- Camera Mount Type: Nikon F (for bodies with electronic f/stop setting)
- Format Compatibility: 35mm
- Angle of view: 114° - 84°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.92 feet
- Elements/Groups: 14/11
- Diaphragm Blades: 9r
- Vibration Reduction: No
- Autofocus: Yes
- Tripod Collar: No
- Filter Thread: None
- Dimensions: ~3.85" x 5.18"
- Weight: 34.2oz
|Manufacturer Part Number||2163|
|Lens Type||Wide-Angle Zoom|
|Zoom Min Focal Length||14.0000|
|Zoom Max Focal Length||24.0000|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F Mount "G" Type|