The Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED IF AF-S VR II is a top of the line professional grade telephoto zoom for Nikon Digital SLR cameras. It's a superior take anywhere, shoot anything lens especially well suited for photographing landscapes, action, sports, portraiture, weddings, and special events. The 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II is a lens favored by Nikon users for it's high image quality and versatility.
The 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II produces images that stand out with impressive sharpness, contrast and color reproduction thanks to extensive well executed optical engineering. 7 ED (Extra low Dispersion) glass elements are partly to thanks in 21 element 16 group design that also features Nikon's state of the art Nano Crystal Coat in addition to Super Integrated Coating multi-layer anti-reflective coated surfaces. Sharper images are also made possible by the 2nd generation Vibration Reduction technology in the 70-200mm VR II which enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. The bright f/2.8 maximum aperture allows use of faster shutter speeds, shooting in available light and selective background blur. The lens produces beautiful bokeh and has a rounded 9 blade aperture.
The Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II features first rate mechanical construction. The focusing mechanism is completely internal and powered by a speedy AFS SWM (Silent Wave Motor) that offers full time manual focus override with A-M, M-A, & M focus mode options. Designed for heavy professional use, the housing is metal and includes a rotating tripod mount with removable/replaceable foot.
Originally introduced in 2009, the Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G VRII replaced the original Nikkor 70-200mm VR. In 2016 Nikon announced the Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL VR with an electromagnetic aperture which is more responsive but also limited in backwards compatibility. Because of it's broader compatibility and price advantage the 70-200mm f/2.8G VRII remains a popular choice with both pros and enthusiasts.
- Top-tier professional level telephoto zoom lens
- Outstanding image quality with excellent sharpness, contrast, and color reproduction
- Covers FX (35mm full frame) and DX format
- 7 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements
- Nano Crystal Coat and SIC (Super Integrated Coating) optics enables maximum contrast and eliminate flare
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture allows shooting in low light & selective background blur
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm
- Fast AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) responds quickly & quietly
- Full time manual override with A-M, M-A, & M focus mode options
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Focuses to 4.6 feet
- Focus limit switch allows restriction of range to &inf;-5m for additional reduction in AF seek time
- VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization reduces loss of sharpness due to camera/lens shake
- Normal and Active VR modes
- Rotating tripod mount with removable foot
Available accessories include: HB-48 reversible flower shaped Bayonnet Hood, CL-M2 Case, 77mm front lens caps, LF-1 or LF-4 Rear lens caps.