While maintaining the compact size and portability of the D40 camera body, the D40X produces even more outstanding, detailed pictures thanks to its 10.2-megapixel CCD and cutting-edge digital technologies. Its resolution power makes it easy for users to print up to A3-size pictures or crop aggressively without losing any fine details. The D40X is loaded with everything you need for truly amazing images: a 10.2-megapixel CCD, Nikon's exclusive 3D Color Matrix Metering II, an improved Image Processing Engine and superb Auto White Balance. Together with a world-famous Nikkor lens, these features combine to ensure perfect exposure, refined details and natural, vivid colors.
Some of the D40X's major improvements include an even longer-lasting battery that allows up to 520* images per charge (470* images for the D40), faster continuous shooting at 3 frames per second (2.5 fps for the D40) and a wider ISO sensitivity of 100 to 1600, plus HI-1 (200 to 1600 plus HI-1 for the D40). CIPA standards, with Built-in Flash used for 50% of the shots. While it inherits many advanced digital and optical technologies from professional models, the D40X and its sister model, the D40, are Nikon's smallest, most compact digital SLR cameras. By offering everyone mobility, ease-of-use and incredible pictures with great resolution, the D40X welcomes everyone to the world of Nikon digital SLR photography.
- Extraordinary Nikon Image Quality
- Nikon's Smallest Digital SLR Ever!
- High-Performance 10.2 Megapixels Nikon DX Format CCD Imaging Sensor
- Fast Startup with Instant Shutter Response
- Shoot at up to 3 Frames per Second
- 2.5", 230,000-Dot Color LCD Monitor with 170-Degree Wide-Angle Viewing
- Built-in Speedlight with i-TTL Automatic Flash Control
- 8 Digital-Vari Program Automatic Shooting Modes
- New Advanced HELP Menu System with Assist Images
- Image Optimization Options
- Up to 520 Images per Battery Charge