The D5 is the latest in long line of top of the line Nikon Digital SLR bodies. When assignments and reputations are on the line the world's top pros need a camera that can capture anything, anytime, anywhere. The D5 delivers an unparalleled combination of performance, dependability, and durability. The D5 is the state of the art successor to the extremely capable Nikon D4s that notably features increased still & video resolution, sensitivity, along with further improved focusing & shooting speed.
Nothing captures action quite like the D5. The new AF system uses a dedicated processor and and a highly refined array of 153 focus points including 99 extra sensitive cross type sensors. AF works down to a jaw dropping EV -4 and the D5 enjoys Nikon's widest native ISO range ever; these AF and ISO sensitivity improvements let you take available light shooting to new lows. The durable long life shutter, generous buffer and superior EXPEED 5 image processor deliver continous shooting at up to 12fps with full AF (AutoFocus) and AE (Auto Exposure); along with burst capability of up to 200 shots per burst you don't have to worry about missing shots.
The D5 has extensive amenities, controls & menus that allow a truly remarkable level of customization so Pros and expert users can tailor settings to any mission. Though it's built like a tank the D5 is surprisingly easy to drive, the first flagship Nikon with a touchscreen touchscreen, it allows easier quicker and more intuitive access to the rich feature set. Nikon has also added more customizable Fn (Function) buttons on the exterior to allow a more tailored set-up while using the big bright viewfinder. While the specs are extensive and impressive, the only way to fully appreciate a D5's significance is to use one. It's a world class supremely versatile tool built specifically to help photographers leverage their skills to produce meaningful work, in any environment.
Also available in a dual CF Card version.
- 20.8MP FX-format CMOS image sensor
- EXPEED 5 image processing
- ISO 100 to 102,400 (expandable to Hi-5, ISO 3,280,000)
- Redesigned AF system with a 153 focus points, 99 cross-type sensors, & dedicated processor
- 12 fps continuous shooting with full AF and AE performance; up to 200 shots in a single burst
- 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) video recording & pro-grade video features
- Flat Picture Control option
- 4K UHD Time Lapse recording
- Dedicated Movie Shooting Menu
- New face-detection default on/off menu & watch area menu added
- Touch Screen
- 2 Front facing Fn buttons & 1 Rear facing Fn button
- Dual XQD card slots
- Integral vertical grip with dedicated controls and Fn button
Available accessories include: ME-W1 Wireless Microphone, ME-1 Stereo Microphone, GP-1A GPS Unit, WT-6A Wireless Transmitter, EN-EL18a batteries, MH-26a Battery Charger, EH-6b AC Adapter, I-TTL & Creative Lighting System Speedlights, and a vast array of Nikkor lenses.