The Nikon D5200 is a Digital SLR camera featuring a 24.1-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor, a side flip 3 inch Vari-angle LCD screen, a highly capable autofocus and image processing system, serious video capability, and and lots of creative options.
Shooting photos and videos can be about more than capturing memories. A great camera helps brings your creative vision to life. The Nikon D5200 is exactly that type of camera-an exceptional HD-SLR designed to draw exciting new perspectives out of those who use it.The D5200 is designed for creativity and streamlined for flexibility so you can take spectacular photos and videos.
Creativity and flexibility were considered in every aspect of the D5200. The 921,000-dot Vari-angle display lets you shoot from just about any position. Hold the camera overhead for a view above a crowd, at ground level for an interesting close-up of a flower, or just enjoy easier video recording and self portraits. For shots that have both very dark and very bright areas, D5200 includes built-in HDR (high-dynamic range). It takes two shots at different exposures and blends them into one amazing image. An exciting collection of built-in effects and filters opens new possibilities for expression: isolate a single color, explore black & white, posterize, even miniaturize. Creative techniques pros spend years mastering are now conveniently at your command.
The D5200 has a highly sensitive 24.1-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor that captures vibrant colors and razor-sharp detail, even in low light. The sensor and camera systems are powered by a fast Nikon EXPEED 3 image processor. An intelligent Scene Recognition System compares shots against an onboard database for optimum exposure.
The D5200's 39-point wide-area autofocus system is ultra responsive and accurate. It keeps up with fast moving subjects so you can fire away at up to 5 fps. 3D Subject Tracking, works with the 2,016-pixel light meter to lock onto and track subjects with exceptional accuracy. When using the face-priority AF mode in live-view the camera instantly detects and tracks up to 35 faces in a scene.
The D5200 also includes Nikon's latest innovations for creating beautiful videos with virtually no choppiness. The D-Movie mode features Full HD 1080p 60i for visibly smoother sequences, a first for Nikon HD-SLRs. Full-time-servo AF (AF-F) and subject-tracking AF work together to keep moving subjects sharp and in focus. The camera also has a built-in stereo microphone that can be controlled automatically or manually via 20 incremental steps, another first for Nikon HD-SLRs. Whether you shoot short clips or cinema-style movies, the D5200 makes it easy to take your projects to the next level.
Even with all it's capabilities the D5200 is designed for simple, intuitive operation. It's a perfect camera for anyone wanting to make the best images and videos they can and unleash the artist within.
- 24.1-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor provides super sharp images with smooth tones
- Full HD (1080p) video recording with full-time-servo AF at 30p, 25p, 24p, 60i & 50i
- Built-in stereo microphone level can be controlled automatically or manually (20 steps)
- Vari-angle LCD monitor can be used from a wide variety of positions & unique perspectives
- 39 point Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection
- 5 fps continuous shooting for dynamic action pictures
- 2016-pixel RGB color sensitive light meter works with Scene Recognition System for improved auto exposure, auto white balance, i-TTL flash control, and AF tracking
- ISO range of 100 to 6400, expandable to ISO 25600 equivalent
- Compatible with optional Nikon WU-1a wireless mobile Wi-Fi adapter
- Special Effects for both video and still pictures that can be seen in real time via live view
Available accessories include EN-EL14 Batteries, GPS Unit GP-1, Remote Control ML-L3, Semi-Soft Case CF-DC2, I-TTL Speedlights, AC Adapter EH-5A/5B with Power Connector EP-5A and the Stereo Microphone ME-1.
To most effectively isolate sounds made by lens mechanisms from your videos, an external microphone is recommended.