The Nikkor 10.5mm F/2.8 G ED DX is an autofocus fisheye lens for Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras. It's the first fisheye lens developed specifically for use with the DX Format. Optimized for high resolution DX format digital sensors, 10 SIC (Super Integrated Coating) multi-coated elements are arranged in 7 groups as part of a CRC (Close Range Corrected) optical design which uses floating lens elements to maintain maximum sharpness from infinity all the way down to the close focus distance of inches 5.5 inches and an ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass element helps to minimize chromatic aberrations.
This compact and lightweight fisheye lens makes anything you shoot more interesting. With its frame-filling 180° angle of view and unique bending effects, every scene and subject will take on new dimensions through the viewfinder. Achieve great low-light results with its fast f/2.8 maximum aperture, and get as close to your subjects as 5.5 inches with edge to edge sharpness in every shot.
- Ultra-wide-angle fisheye lens that covers entire DX-format
- 180-degree (diagonal) angle of view on DX-format
- Superb optical design
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) anti-reflective coatings reduce lens flare
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element helps minimize chromatic aberration
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Close focuses to 5.5 inches (.14 meters)
- Tremendous depth of field
- Convenient marked depth-of-field scale
- AF on cameras that have a built-in focus motor
- Compact and lightweight
- Built-in flower-type lens hood
- Built-in rear filter holder for gel filters
Compatibility note: manual focus is required on Nikon D40, D40x, D60, D3000 series, and D5000 Series cameras.