Accessories & Related Products
Nikon FM2N 35mm Camera Body, Black Description
The Nikon FM2n is a semi-professional 35mm film SLR camera considered by many to be a benchmark for reliability. A unique feature of this camera is the all mechanical shutter design, which allows a full range of speeds up to 1/4000th of a second shutter speed without the need of a battery. The ""N"" version of the FM2 features an X-sync speed of 1/250th of a second an improvement over the previous models 1/200th of a second. The only function powered by a battery is the light meter which has ISO settings up to 6400. A solidly constructed metal housing contributes to the reputation for durability and reliability the camera has earned.
Other features include a a depth of field preview lever, self time, threaded PC sync socket, multiple exposure capability, and prism mounted hot shoe with viewfinder ready light indicator for certain compatible Nikon speedlights.
Compatible with most Nikon Ai and later lenses, non Ai-Lenses should not be mounted without modification as they can damage the aperture follow tab on the camera lens mount.
Available accessories include MD-11 &MD-12 motor drives, user changeable focusing screens, eyepiece diopters, eyecups, and right angle finders.
If you want manual focus and manual exposure control, here's the way to get it - with proven Nikon performance and durability. The FM2N is the choice of traditionalists everywhere. The FM2N is a camera that puts you in charge. Using 60/40 Center-Weighted metering, you select the aperture and the shutter speed to create the type of photographs you're looking for. FEATURES INCLUDE: Center-Weighted TTL metering (60/40 balance); metering range EV 1 to EV 18 Bright viewfinder system with aperture, shutter speed and 3-point exposure display (+ O -) Top shutter speed 1/4000 sec.; top flash sync 1/250 sec. Depth-of-field preview button Nikon F lens mount
- Film: Any cartridge-type 35mm film
- Picture Format: 24 mm x 36 mm
- Lens Mount: Nikon F Bayonet mount
- Shutter: Vertical-travel, metal focal plane shutter
- Shutter Sped: 1 sec - 1/4000 sec
- Self-Timer: Approx. 10 sec delay
- Viewfinder: Eye-level type, with 93% frame coverage
- Viewfinder Display: Shutter Speed, f/number and LED exposure disply for overexposure +, correct exposure o and underexposure -
- Focusing Screen: Split-image microprism type (K2) provided as standard
- Mirror: Quick-return type
- Film Advance: Lever Provided; 30 degree standoff angle and 135 degree winding angle
- Automatic Film Advance: Possible with optional Motor Drive (MD-12)
- Multiple Exposure Lever: Provided, disengages frame counter for correct count
- Frame Counter: Additive type(S, 0~36) automatically resets to S when camera back is open
- Film Rewind: By crank after film rewind button is pressed
- Flash Sync: Built-in hot shoe for mounting flash unit. Sync cord terminl also available. 1/250 sec. sync
- Ready-Light: Provided inside viewfinder
- Exposure Meter: TTL center-weighted full aperture exposure measuring system using a pair of SPDs (Silicon photodiodes) as photoelectric element; measures from 1 EV to 18 EV at ASA/ISO 100 and with 50mm f/1.4 lens
- ISO Range: 12-6400
- Power: Choice of 1x 3V lithium battery, 2x 1.55V silver-oxide batteries, or 2x 1.5V alkaline batteries
- Exposure Meter Switch: Light pressure on shutter release button switches meter on; meter stays on for approx. 30 sec after finger leaves button; then automatically switches off
- Battery Power Check: LED Exposure display inside viewfinder lights when exposure meter is switched on if there is sufficient power
- Camera Back: Pops open when film rewind knob as the camera back lock is pushed. Detachable. Memo holder provided.
- Dimensions: Approx. 142.5 x 90 60 mm / 5.6" x 3.5" x 2.4"
- Weight: Approx. 540 g / 19 oza
|Manufacturer Part Number||1684|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F Mount Ai, Nikon F Mount Ai-S, Nikon F Mount Ai & contacts (Ai-P), Nikon F Mount AF (pre-D), Nikon F Mount D Type|