The Nikkor 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 G Aspherical II ED AF-S DX is a standard autofocus zoom lens for Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras. With its versatile 18-55mm focal range and excellent optics, this lens makes it easy to create sharp, clear photos and videos. Remarkably light and compact, it's an ideal general purpose walk around lens. It even captures fantastic close-up shots at 0.9ft from your subject. The 18-55mm zoom range provides a wide angle 76° view at the 18mm focal length setting and portrait ready 28.5° angle of view at the 55mm focal length setting. It's a perfect lens to start your kit.
Released in 2006 the Nikkor 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 G Aspherical II ED AF-S DX (Nikon USA part# 2170)is a more compact optically improved replacement for Nikon's original Nikkor 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 G Aspherical ED AF-S DX (Nikon USA part# 2158). In 2007 Nikon released the Nikkor 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 G Aspherical AF-S DX VR (Nikon USA part# 2176) as a more expensive alternative for users wanting Vibration reduction in their 18-55mm.
- 3x standard zoom lens for DX format DSLRs
- Compact, versatile and light
- High quality Nikon optical design
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) preserves contrast, reduces reflections and glare
- Aspheric element helps minimize distortion & abberations
- ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass element minimizes chromatic aberrations
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides fast and quiet autofocus
- Close focuses down to 0.9ft (.28m)
- Uses the popular 52mm filter size
Available accessories include the HB-45 Bayonet Lens Hood which reduces loss of contrast from reflections and glare, CL-0715 or CL-0815 Soft Lens Cases, and 52mm filters