The Nikkor 18-300mm F/3.5-5.6 G Aspherical ED IF DX AF-S VR is Nikon's premium all-in-one zoom lens for DX format digital camera bodies. It's a practical single lens solution ideal for Nikon users wanting great images and telephoto reach without extra gear. If you want a single lens that can cover every imaginable shooting situation, from wide-angle groups to ultra-high-power zoom shots, look no further. It's a perfect choice for taking the best travel and vacation pictures everywhere you go. Photographers with a multiple lenses will appreciate the utility of not missing an important moment because you're switching lenses. Nikon's expert designers utilize 19 element in 14 groups including 3 ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements, 3 Aspherical elements plus, and Super Integrated Coating to deliver an amazing zoom range and exceptional images. The 18-300mm focal length range is equivalent to using a 28mm to 450mm lens on a full frame camera. Boasting the longest reach of any NIKKOR all-in-one zoom lens, enough reach to bring the most distant action up close. It's Nikon's most powerful all-in-one zoom lens ever. It's also good for close-up shooting of small objects. The Second-Generation Vibration Reduction VR II technology helps you take steadier images when you don't have a tripod handy.
- Ultra high-power approx. 16.7x zoom lens covering 18-300mm focal length range (equivalent to using a 28mm to 450mm lens on a full frame camera).
- Built-in VR II (Vibration Reduction second-generation) enables use of shutter speeds up to 3.5 stops slower
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast and quiet AF operation
- M/A focus mode provide autofocus with full time manual focus override
- Close focuses to distance of 1.48-feet when at 300mm focal length setting
- Maximum reproduction ratio of 1/3.2x
- Surprisingly compact and lightweight
- Zoom lock prevents the lens from extending during transportation
- Uses popular 77mm size filters
Available accessories include the reversible HB-58 Bayonet Lens Hood to prevent lens flare and loss of contrast from glare, CL-1120 Soft Lens Case for protection and storage, and 77mm filters.