The AF-S VR Nikkor ED 200-400mm f/G IF is an exceptional super telephoto zoom lens designed for Nikon cameras. This powerful super telephoto zoom lens offers incredible image quality. Enhanced Nikon VR II image stabilization, a constant aperture and Nano Crystal Coat. This lens is an ideal choice for sports photography, wildlife and more.
This lens is an update to the original Nikkor 200-400mm F/4 G AF-S ED-IF VR Autofocus Lens (Nikon USA model #2146). While the optical formula is the same the New version adds an A/M focus mode, Nano Crystal Coat, and updated VR.
- Versatile super-telephoto zoom lens
- Perfect for sports and wildlife shooting
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) reduces loss of image sharpness from camera and lens movement
- Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- 4 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings
- Three Focus Modes: A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility for fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Nikon AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency for superior color consistency and reduced flare
- Rugged Construction with enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens
- Close Auto Focusing to 6.6 feet at all focal lengths (and 6.4 feet using manual focus)
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas
- Compatible with Nikon TC-14E II, TC-17E II and TC-20E II/III Teleconverters (only AF operation with TC14E II)
Available accessories include the C-PL1L 52mm Drop-in Circular Polarizing Filter, HK-30 Lens Hood, CL-L2 Ballistic Nylon Case, and Front Lens Cover (Nikon USA part# 4735).