The Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 G AF-S is Nikon's top of the line 35mm focal length lens. It's a versatile high-performance professional grade lens. It was designed for FX format digital SLR cameras and late model 35mm film cameras as an ultra-sharp ultra-bright modestly wide angle lens. It's also useable as the fastest normal lens available for the DX format.
The Nikon 35mm f/1.4 G is a serious tool for photographers who want to produce the very best quality images or need to shoot in the most difficult lighting conditions. Optically it's one of Nikon's very best lenses, producing high edge to edge sharpness with outstanding contrast and color. The f/1.4 maximum aperture allows easier use of higher shutter speeds and more selective background blurring; any photographer shooting in available light will appreciate the extra brightness which makes viewing easier and gives autofocus sensors more to work with.
A rear focus design and AF-S motor move the substantial amount of glass quickly and quietly and the A/M focus mode allows full time manual focus override.
Released in 2010, the 35mm f/1.4 G is the a major step up in optical performance from the Nikon 35mm f/2 D and the more recent 35mm f/1.8 G ED AF-S. Nikon's previous 35mm f/1.4 offering was the manual focus classic 35mm f/1.4 AIS released in 1981.
The Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 G AF-S is an extremely enjoyable and practical lens for any uncompromising pro or serious photographic artist. If you're looking to get the most out a high resolution sensor or make other photographers jealous it's a great choice. It's a perfect lens for next level shooting of landscapes, night scenes, interiors, weddings, photojournalism, astrophotography and much more.
- Fast f/1.4, FX-format prime (fixed focal length) wide-angle lens
- Amazing image quality on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs
- Aspherical Lens Element virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberration
- Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths
- SIC (Super Integrated Coating) multi layer anti-reflective coating
- Superb performance shooting in available light
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements
- Rear Focus design eliminates filter rotation & lens length changes
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides ultra fast and quiet focus
- M/A Focus Mode allows full time manual focus override
Available accessories include the HB-59 Bayonet Lens Hood, CL-1118 Semi-Soft Case, 67mm filters