The Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D is a fixed focal length autofocus wide-angle lens with full FX frame coverage for Nikon digital and 35mm film cameras.
The time tested optical design is compact and produces outstanding images. It's a popular lens for lanscapes and travel photography. Unlike most conventional lenses the 24mm f/2.8D is designed with Nikon's Close Range Correction (CRC) which moves more than one group of elements as the lens is focused closer. The CRC design optimizes sharpness at closer focusing distances so you can get great images even at the 24mm's close focus distance of 1ft.
The 24mm focal length allows an angle of view approximately 10 degrees wider than a 28mm lens yet still produces natural looking perspective. It's a very popular choice for photographing landscapes and buildings.
When cropped to the DX format the 24mm changes from fairly wide angle to only just moderately wide angle. On a Nikon DX format body the Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D is well suited for photographing groups of people and is a great choice as general purpose walk around lens.
- Prime wide-angle lens with full frame coverage
- Broad 84-degree angle of view (diagonal)
- Close-Range Correction (CRC) improves image quality at closer focusing distances allowing
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating multicoating
- Compact and lightweight
- D Type, conveys distance information to compatible cameras for more accurate TTL flash metering
- Mechanical aperture ring allows compatibility on a wide range of camera bodies
- Depth of field scale
- Equivalent to a 36mm focal length when cropped to DX format
Available accessories include the HN-1 Lens Hood, 52mm filters, and CL-0715 Soft Lens Case.