The Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS is a wide-angle manual focus lens for F-Mount Nikon SLR camera bodies an one of the most popular 28mm lenses ever produced.
The lens produces a 74° (diagonal) field of view on FX format cameras. It's wide field of view makes the 28mm f/2.8 AIS a good lens choice for photography of landscape, scenery, and architecture.
The optical design uses 8 multi-coated elements in 8 groups in a CRC (Close Range Corrected) design which uses floating lens elements to maintain maximum sharpness from infinity all the way down to the close focus distance of .2m (8 inches).
Originally released in 1981 the 28mm f/2.8 AIS is an update to the earlierNikkor 28mm f/2.8 Ai, this newer model uses an improved optical design with better close focus as well compatibility with the Shutter Priority and Program autoexposure modes on the Nikon EM, FA, FG and later bodies.
The fixed focal length results in a very compact lightweight yet bright lens ideal for travel whether you're backpacking on a trail or trying to save space in your flight carry-on. The 28mm f/2.8 AIS is an absolutely perfect matching companion wide-angle lens for Nikon cameras such as the the FA, FG, F3, FM2, FE2. It's useable on basically all Nikon 35mm film SLRs bodies and many digital Nikon SLR bodies*.
- Bright manual focus wide-angle lens
- Wide 74-degree field of view (diagonal)
- Excellent sharpness, contrast & color
- Close Range Correction (CRC) ensures sharpest images at all distances
- f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Bright viewing, even under dim light conditions
- Renders beautiful pleasing out of focus areas
- Compact design
- Classic Nikon color coded depth of field scale
- Infra-red focus mark
- Mechanical aperture control allows use on broad range of cameras and adapters
- Uses the popular 52mm filter size
Available accessories include the HN-2 Lens Hood, CL-30S Case,and 52mm filters
*Consult camera user manual, the more fully compatible bodies feature an AI (Automatic Indexing) 'aperture follow tab'.