The Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8 D Macro is a professional level medium range autofocus zoom lens for Nikon film and digital cameras. Even with it's modest conservative zoom range the lens has a surprising amount of heft due to the large amount of glass used to obtain the fast f/2.8 maximum aperture while still delivering excellent quality images. The physical construction is also robust, having been designed for the rigors of professional use. It's a good well made general purpose lens for both film and full frame digital cameras.
The Nikon Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8 D Macro was first released in 1992 as an update to the non-D Type Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8 Macro. Both models have identical optics but this newer version has a simplified aperture lock mechanism and features a D chip that conveys distance information to compatible cameras for more accurate TTL flash exposure metering.
- Excellent, fast aperture zoom lens for general photography
- Holds fast and constant f/2.8 maximum aperture through the entire focal range
- Minimum distortion throughout zoom range
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating for minimized flare and ghost, helps providing good color reproduction
- Push pull zoom design allows simultaneous zooming and manual focusing
- Dedicated Macro mode allows focus as close as 11 inches
- Mechanical aperture ring offers compatibility on widest possible range of cameras
- D chip that conveys distance information to compatible cameras for more accurate TTL flash exposure metering
Available accessories include the HB-1 Bayonet Lens Hood, CL-33S Case, and 62mm filters.