The Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR is a mid range telephoto zoom for Nikon SLR cameras. It's an FX format coverage lens equally useable on digital SLRs and late model 35mm film cameras. It's a popular lens with a very practical zoom range that's useable for everything from portraits to sports & action. The 70-300mm is a great general purpose telephoto lens for travel and nature photography and it's the ideal complement for a standard wide angle zoom.
This lens features a varying aperture of f/4.5 to 5.6 depending on how much you zoom, which is more than adequate for daylight shooting while keeping the lens size and weight manageable. This lens is perfect for the Nikon shooter getting into telephoto zoom photography who wants a high quality lens and the great images it can produce without being weighed down.
- High-power telephoto zoom lens for Nikon FX and DX format SLR cameras
- Two Nikon Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements deliver superior optical performance, minimizing chromatic aberrations, and maximizing contrast and clarity
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) system allows handheld shooting at 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides fast and quiet autofocus
- Internal Focus (IF) design and quick switching between autofocus and manual operation via M/A switch
- Focus as close as 4.9 ft throughout entire zoom range
- Non-Rotating front element provides for convenient use of circular polarizing filters
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- Uses 67mm filters
Available accessories include: HB-36 Lens Hood, CL-1022 Soft Lens Case, 67mm filters, and caps