The AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR is a short-telephoto macro photography lens designed exclusively for DX format on Nikon DSLR cameras. The Nikkor 85mm f/3.5 VR offers unaugmented 1:1 life-size magnification with more working distance for lighting than a normal macro (perfect for close-up photography and low distortion copy work); it's also a wonderful portrait and general photography lens that produces an angle-of-view equivalent to using a 127mm lens on a Full Frame FX format camera.
The 85mm f/3.5 VR can continuously autofocus from infinity to life-size (1:1). The internal focusing (IF) design incorporates a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) to for smooth, quiet, accurate, and quick focusing and the M/A focus mode setting allows full time manual focus override. The integral VR (Vibration Reduction) II image stabilization system enables hand held shooting at shutter speeds up to 4 stops slower than otherwise possible; it's a major advantage when tripod shooting isn't possible.
- Versatile telephoto Micro-Nikkor macro lens with broad range of applications
- Optimized for life-size macro and detailed close-up photography
- Equivalent to a 127mm FX format lens
- Long focal length provides extra macro working distance
- 1:1 reproduction ratio at focus distance of .286m (.9 ft)
- High resolution & contrast, superb color reproduction, minimal distortion
- Close Range Correction ensures sharpest images at all distances
- ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass element help ensure outstanding image quality
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) prevents lens flare and ghosting
- 9 Blade Rounded Diaphragm Provides more natural out-of-focus highlights
- IF (Internal Focus) design
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) delivers fast and quiet autofocus
- M/A Focus Mode allows full time manual focus override
- Focus scale marked with reproduction ratios
- Accepts the popular 52mm filter size
Available accessories include: HB-37 Bayonet Lens Hood, CL-1018 Soft Lens Case, LC-52 Snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, and 52mm filters.