The Nikon Nikkor 85mm F/1.4 D IF is an ultra-fast f/1.4 prime lens optimized for FX-format film and digital-SLRs. It's a legendary portrait lens. The versatile medium-telephoto 85mm focal length produces a flattering angle-of-view for portraits. The uncompromising optical design produces razor-sharp detail, high contrast, true color reproduction, as well as very shallow depth of field and beautiful background blur (bokeh). It's a renowned portrait lens for good reason and also well suited for shooting in performances in low light or anytime image quality is paramount. Video and manual body shooters will appreciate the mechanical aperture and focus controls.
- High-performance medium telephoto AF lens with ultra fast maximum aperture of f/1.4
- Bright f/1.4 aperture is helpful for shooting indoor sports, stage productions, and in dim lighting
- Top-tier professional grade portrait lens
- Nine-blade rounded aperture diaphragm makes out of focus elements appear more natural
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) prevents lens flare and ghosting
- IF (Internal Focusing) design for fast AF operation
- Smooth manual focus operation
- "D" chip transmits distance information to compatible bodies for improved flash metering and exposure
- Mechanical aperture control ring enables use on broadest possible range of cameras
- Uses popular 77mm filter size
Available accessories include the HN-31 Lens Hood, CL-0915 Lens Case, and 77mm filters.