The Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 M.Zuiko Pro is a professional grade large aperture general purpose wide angle zoom lens for Micro Four Thirds digital cameras.
This large-aperture 3.3X Zoom lens is the first in the M.ZUIKO PRO line of top flight professional grade lenses. It's equivalent to a 35mm format focal length of 24-80mm so it covers focal lengths from moderately wide-angle to short telephoto/portrait with it's zoom range. A truly extensive amount of exotic high grade optical components (including multiple Aspherical, High Refractive Index and ED lens elements) are used to produce very high quality images that set a new standard. A bright maximum aperture of f/2.8 statys constant throughout the entire zoom range and a seven blade circular aperture helps produces pleasing background defocus. An “MSC” (movie and still compatible) AF lens drive system ensures fast and quiet auto-focusing especially important when shooting HD movies. Builf quality is excellent with all metal construction, a manual focus clutch mechanism, as well as Splash-proof, Dust-proof and Freeze-proof construction well suited for the most demanding professionals and enthusiasts.
When you want a bright pro grade general purpose zoom lens in a handy compact package the Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 M.Zuiko Pro is an excellent choice by any standard.
- Super versatile top quality lens for Micro Four Thirds
- Broad zoom range from wide-angle to portrait focal lengths
- Extremely impressive image quality
- Fast bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture
- 1 EDA (Aspherical Extra Low Dispersion) element
- 2 conventional ED (Extra low Dispersion) elements
- 1 DSA (Dual Super Aspherica) element
- 2 conventional Aspherical elements
- 2 HR (High Refractive index) elements
- 1 HD element
- ZERO Coating anti reflective coating
- High speed and quiet MSC (Movie & Still Compatible) AF motor mechanism
- Manual focus clutch mechanism
- Depth of field scale
- Close focuses to .2m
- Programable L-Fn (Lens Function) button
- Compact and weighs only 382g (13.47 ounces)
- Metal construction
- Weather and dust resistant splashproof design
Available accessories include the LH-66 Petal type Lens Hood, LC-62D Aluminum Protective Lens Cap, LR-2 Rear Lens Cap, LSC 0918 Lens Pouch, and 62mm filters.