Accessories & Related Products
Olympus OM10 Black 35mm Camera Body Description
The Olympus OM10 is a manual focus 35mm film SLR camera and part of the classic Olympus OM system. The OM10 was the fist in a new series of more economical two digit OM system cameras. Not all photographers need as robust a feature set as the single digit line of OM-# cameras like the OM-2n. By keeping only the core capabilities most users need the OM10 is a more affordable camera that still takes great pictures with the same set of lenses. Since most photographers follow a cameras light meter the OM10 is designed primarily to be used as an Aperture Priority auto-exposure camera where the user sets the lens aperture and the camera automatically sets the corresponding shutter speed recommended by the built-in light meter. Users looking for manual shutter speed control can purchase a separate plug-in Manual Adapter dial. The OM10 also features TTL-OTF (Through The Lens Off The Film) real time metering of both ambient and flash (requires a compatible flash unit like the T20 & T32). Selecting the Manual Adapter mode on the OM10 without the Manual Adapter attached sets the shutter speed to 1/60th of a second (which is also the top X-Sync speed).
The OM10 was originally introduced in 1979. In 1983 Olympus introduced a step up, the Olympus OM20. A version of the OM10 with a date back was also made, called the OM10 Quartz. The OM10 was also sold in a 'FC' version in North America that came packaged with the manual adapter. Also available in Chrome.
- 35mm film SLR
- Uses Olympus OM-mount interchangeable lenses
- Fixed microprism/split image matte focusing screen
- 93% viewfinder coverage
- Center-weighted TTL-OTF light & flash metering
- Aperture Priority exposure mode only
- Electronically timed shutter, stepless speeds from 1/1000th to 2 seconds
- 2 stops of Exposure compensation in 1/3 stop increments
- B (Bulb) long exposure and 1/60 X sync (Manual Adapter Mode)
- LED metering display with power saving auto-off
- 1/60th sec flash sync when set to Manual Adapter mode
- Built-in TTL hotshoe
- 12 second electronic self-timer
- Audible warning indicators
- Requires two SR44/LR44 type batteries
- Fairly compact, weighs just 15.9oz
Available accessories include: Olympus Winder 2, Olympus Steady Grip Type 1 & 2, Olympus T Series flash units, OM Mount Zuiko lenses, your favorite 35mm film.
|Lens Mount||Olympus OM|