Panasonic Lumix 7-14mm f/4 G Vario Asph. Lens for Micro Four Thirds System, Black/Dark Silver
The Panasonic Lumix 7-14mm f/4 G G-Vario Aspherical (Panasonic part# H-020) is a constant aperture ultrawide angle zoom lens for Micro Four Thirds system mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The 7-14mm is equivalent to 14-28mm in 35mm format and offers and extremely broad yet adaptable field of view perfect a multitude of uses. It's an especially great choice for photographing landscapes, travel, architecture, and interiors with encompassing views that tell the full story. It's also a very practical close quarters lens for photojournalism and event photography.
The the 7-14mm is a premium level lens with optics that are quite good. The lens uses two Aspherical and four ED (Extra low Dispersion) as part of it's configuration to keep distortion under control and minimize aberrations. Contrast from the 7-14mm is excellent, all optical surfaces are multi-coated and the lens has a built-in lower petal style hood. Unlike most zooms, the aperture on the Lumix 7-14mm can stays constant when set and doesn't have to vary when it's zoomed. The aperture is circular for pleasing out of focus areas and transitions.
The Lumix 7-14mm f/4 G-Vario Aspherical is a superb way to benefit from the extended options and perspective of a high quality ultrawide-angle zoom without the size or heft of an SLR lens.
- Premium Ultra-Wide Zoom
- f/4 constant maximum aperture
- More compact than SLR equivalent, weighs just 10.58oz
- Micro Four Thirds system
- Equivalent to a 14-28mm in 35mm format
- 114-degree angle of view (diagonal)
- Excellent optical performance
- 16 elements in 12 groups
- 2 Aspherical lens elements
- 4 ED (Extra low Dispersion) glass elements
- Multi-coated lens elements minimize ghosting & flare
- Circular aperture diaphragm
- Close focuses to just 0.25m (0.8ft) through entire zoom range
- Attractive two tone finish in dark gray silver & black
- Built-in lens hood
Available accessories include: VFC4315 Front Lens Cap, Rear Cap, Storage Bag.
|Focus Type||Autofocus (lens motor)|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Max Focal Length||14mm|
|Min Focal Length||14mm|