Pentax K-5 II Digital SLR Camera The Pentax K-5 II is a weather resistant K-mount DLSR with a sensor shifting Shake Reduction system coupled to it's high quality APS-C sized CMOS. Since the K-5 II uses K-Mount lenses it provides easy access to a huge variety of unique and vintage optics, and the in body Image Stabilization helps preserve sharpness with any lens.
The Pentax K-5 II delivers high-resolution, low-noise, true to life image reproduction with the CMOS sensor coupled with the Prime II Imaging Processor. The K-5 II has a wide sensitivity range up to ISO 12,800 (expandable to 51,200) and has stunning noise management. The K-5 II makes it easy to line up shots with it's bright pentaprism, new 11 point SAFOX X phase detection AF system, live view shooting, and three different grid patterns that assist image composition. When you press the shutter release the K-5 II doesn't disappoint with it's 16.3-megapixel CMOS sensor, 7fps continuous shooting, Full HD recording at 25fps, and great options for adding visual effects during shooting. A durable magnesium alloy body and 77 seals protect the K-5 II's components while they render remarkable images.
The K5 II replaces the Pentax K-5 without much need to change it's well liked design and feature set the K-5 II's improvements are limited to AF processor and LCD monitor updates. Like many digital cameras, the sensors on the K-5 II incorporates an AA (Anti-Aliasing) optical low pass filter to prevent moire and occasional image artifacts. When Pentax introduced the K-5II in 2012 they simultaneously released the K-5 IIS, a version without an AA filter. The K-5 IIS can capture more fine detail but with increased risk of digital artifacts in
The K-5 II is one of the best enthusiast and advanced amateur cameras around, with a good selection of Pentax SMC/Asahi glass, it's a real delight to use.
- Uses Pentax K-Mount lenses (KAF2 connections: AF coupler, lens information contacts, power contacts)
- 16MP (4928x3264) APS-C (23.7?15.7mm) CMOS sensor
- In-body SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism
- Dust Reduction System
- ISOs up to 51,200
- 77-segment multi-pattern metering
- Faster Phase Detection AutoFocus system (11 AF Points 9 Cross-Type points)
- LiveView with Phase Matching AF, Contrast AF, and Face Recognition AF modes
- Continous shooting at up to 7fps (frames per second)
- High-quality glass pentaprism
- Interchangeable groundglass focusing screens
- Intuitive controls & menus, dual exposure dials
- Digital level
- Automatic horizon correction up to ±2°
- 5 Custom User exposure modes
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode
- Full HD 1080p25 video capture, built-in mono mic
- Big 3inch LCD Monitor (921,000 dots)
- P-TTL hotshoe and auto-up built-in flash
- SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot
- Stereo microphone input, HDMI, and USB 2.0 connections
- DNG RAW file format
- Compact and weather sealed body, great fit and finish
Available accessories include: O-ME53 Magnifier Eyecup, D-BG4 Vertical Battery Grip, spare D-LI90P Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries, D-BC90PJ Battery Charger, Pentax AF540FGZ Flash, AF360FGZ Flash, AF160FC Dedicated Auto Macro Flash, CS-205 Cable Switch, replacement MF-60 Focusing Screen, ML-60 AF Cross-Lined Matte Focusing Screen, MI-60 AF Scale Matte Focusing Screen, KE-60 All-Surface Matte Focusing Screen, O-GPS1 GPS Unit, O-RC1 Waterproof Remote Control.