The DSC-RX1R is a special edition of the original Sony Cyber-Shot RX1 that doesn't make use of a low-pass anti-aliasing filter. Without the anti-aliasing filter the RX1R is able to more fully realize the sensor's resolving power for increased sharpness and fine detail rendition. The lack of Anti-Aliasing filter also means there is some potential for occasional moire or color artifacts.
The Sony Cyber-Shot RX1 is a premium high end compact digital camera producing world class image quality comparable to or in many cases exceeding that of much larger DSLRs. The RX1 uses a high resolution full frame 35mm format sized sensor (notably larger than most DSLRs) and 14bit A to D (Analog to Digital) processing to produce clean images and achieve superior dynamic range. The sensor is paired with an ultra high quality Carl Zeiss fixed focal length optic to produce remarkable clarity. The bright Carl Zeiss 35mm f/2.0 Sonnar T* lens is uncompromising in it's mission and produces levels of sharpness, color rendition, & contrast not obtainable with most zooms.
The RX1 is in many ways a photographer's dream camera for travel & documentary work. Constructed of magnesium alloy and expertly employing an efficient lens formulation the RX1 is both lightweight and compact. Controls are logically located and intuitive in function. In addition to the convenient built-in flash, the RX1 features a Multi Interface Shoe allowing the photographer use an accessory flashes or viewfinders like the Sony FDA-EV1MK eye level Electronic Viewfinder or the matched .58x Zeiss FDA-V1K Optical Viewfinder.
The RX1 is an immensely pleasurable camera to use and work with. It's an amazingly potent piece of gear in an ideal form factor. Sized right for an active life it's a camera you can always have handy. The RX1 travels well and it's ready to capture life's special moments with the fidelity they deserve.
- Ultra premium compact camera with astounding image quality
- Full frame 35mm format sized sensor (larger than most DSLRs)
- No low-pass anti-aliasing filter
- Large low noise sensor and 14bit A to D (Analog to Digital) processing produces ISOs up to 25,600 and excellent dynamic range
- 24.3MP (MegaPixel) resolution
- Carl Zeiss 35mm f/2.0 Sonnar T* lens produces outstanding sharpness, color, & contrast
- Dedicated lens mounted control rings for aperture, focus distance, and infinity/macro range selection
- Focuses from &inf;to 24cm or 29cm to 14cm in Macro mode
- Dedicated controls for focus mode (AF, MF, Direct MF), exposure mode, exposure compensation, focus mode, video recording, AEL (Auto Exposure Lock), & Playback
- Multiple multi-function controls and 5 customizable buttons
- Extensive metering, exposure, special effect, and scene controls designed for photo enthusiasts
- Burt shooting up tp 5fps
- Shoots JPEG and Raw simultaneously
- Movie recording at up to 1080p60 with SteadyShot EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization)
- Stereo microphone
- Built-in pop-up flash
- Multi Interface Shoe Connector accessory hotshoe allows use of Electronic Viewfinders & larger flashes
- SDXC and Sony MemoryStick Pro-HG Duo card slots
- W-Fi, NFC, Micro HDMI & Micro USB 2.0 connectivity
- Bright 3-inch 1.228 million dot LCD monitor
- Light weight magnesium alloy body
- Compact & portable, measures just 2.74in deep x 2.57in tall x 4.4in wide, weighs 17oz with battery
Available accessories include: 49mm filters, NP-BX1 Battery Pack, BCTRX Battery Charger, HVL-F20M Flash, FDA-EV1MK Electronic Viewfinder, Zeiss FDA-V1K Optical Viewfinder, Capture One Express software for Sony