The Sekonic L-758DR DigitalMaster is a highly versatile multi-mode light-meter & flash-meter able to take both incident and reflected measurements of both ambient and flash lighting.
Incident light readings are, in fact, the simplest and most direct way to determine exposure. And because incident meters measure the light that falls on your subject, they provide camera settings that render the image exactly the way it appears. Blacks are black. Grays are gray. Whites are white.
Retracting the Sekonic L-758's Lumisphere curved dome into it's housing turns the L-758 into a more directional incident meter, enabling you to quickly judge the brightness of different light sources for fast, accurate adjustment of lighting ratios.
The Sekonic L-758DR also incorporates a precise 1-degree, reflected light spot meter. Reflected light metering tells you about the subject. Different from incident light metering that produces readings only for the middle of your camera's exposure range, reflected light metering can also show you where the edges are. The key to working with the L-758DR's spot meter is knowing the dynamic range of your camera. That is, the tonal range your camera is capable of recording. Program this into the L-758DR and you can easily know which details will be properly imaged and which will be over or under the range of your camera. Armed with this knowledge, you can make exposure decisions that take full advantage of your camera's imaging capabilities to produce pictures with greater tonality and clarity than you have been accustomed to.
The DigitalMaster L-758DR was designed from its inception to offer today's digital and film shooter repeatable precision, accurate measurement and digital exposure control that is necessary for today's photographer. It offers cutting edge features never before available in any light meter and redefines what a light meter is. The L-758DR is a critical tool for digital exposure control.
- Ultra versatile flash-meter and ambient light-meter
- Incident and reflected metering
- 1° spot metering
- Adjustable spot viewfinder diopter correction
- Retractable lumisphere dome for more directional incident readings
- Lumisphere pivots for easy use while reading display
- Clear display with excellent backlighting
- Two easy access ISO preset buttons
- 14 Custom function settings
- Camera exposure profiling capability
- ±1/10th of a stop accuracy
- Ambient readings down to -2EV
- Displays in Shutter Speeds & f/stops or EV (Exposure Value)
- Simultaneous measurement of flash and ambient
- Wireless radio triggering of strobes via RT-32CTL Module
- PC sync socket connection
- Cordless mode for measuring non-synchronized flashes
- Weatherproof design
- Uses one CR123A battery
Available accessories include Pocket Wizard receivers/transceivers for strobes.