The Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG HSM OS (Sigma part # 737101) is an optically stabilized super-telephoto zoom lens for EF mount Canon EOS SLR cameras. The lens offers a terrific blend of high quality optics and multiple high magnifications in a convenient form factor with a high performance HSM focusing motor. The 150-500mm DG is well suited for a myriad of outdoor imaging uses including wildlife and sports photography. It's also an excellent value.
To produce it's great reach while delivering sharp and contrasty images the Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG HSM OS uses a Super Multi-Coated optical arrangement comprised of 21 elements in 15 groups that includes three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) elements to help minimize image aberrations. The lens is a Sigma DG line model, DG lenses feature full frame 35mm format coverage, improved edge illumination, and rear element coatings designed to prevent sensor reflections. Since high magnifications magnify tiny camera and lens movements the lens has Sigma's OS (Optical Stabilizer) technology built-in. Optical Stabilizer uses sensors to detect blur inducing movement in real time and shifts a special set of elements to counteract the effect. Two OS modes are available: one for normal shooting and a panning mode perfect for tracking sports and action. The lens also features a rotating tripod/monopod mounting collar for solid support and easier quick switching between vertical and horizontal framing. The lens also features a (Hyper-Sonic Motor) for super-fast super-quiet autofocus with full time manual focus override.
- Flexible high magnification telephoto zoom
- For Canon EOS EF Mount Digital Cameras
- Full-frame coverage
- 16.4° - 5° angle of view (diagonal, 35mm format)
- 35mm Equivalent of a 240-800mm when cropped on APS-C size sensors
- Excellent image quality
- 21 elements in 15 groups
- 3 SLD (Special Low Disperion) elements
- 9 blade rounded diaphragm
- OS (Optical Stabilizer) enables handheld use of shutter speeds up to 3 stops slower than otherwise practical
- Normal and Panning OS modes
- HSM (HyperSonic Motor) system for fast focusing speed
- Full time manual focus override
- Efficient RF (Rear Focusing) arrangement
- Removable rotating tripod collar
- Close focuses to 2.2m (86.6in)
- Just 3.6in around & 9.9in long, weighs 1.78kg (62.8oz)
- Zoom lock
- Uses 86mm filters
Available accessories include: LH927-01 Lens Hood, Case, Shoulder Strap, TS-31 Tripod Mount, 86mm filters, Sigma APO teleconverters.