The Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art (Sigma part# 635-306) lens is a pro grade premium standard zoom for Nikon FX format cameras (full 35mm frame). The 24-105mm is a highly versatile everyday lens with a wide to short telephoto focal range perfect for everything from landscapes to portraits (and anything in between). The lens was designed to bring out the true potential of new sensors that offer increased resolution. It's an ideal main lens for travel, wedding, and special event photojournalists who need some zoom flexibility but still want the best images possible.
The 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM A is a Sigma Global Vision "Art" lens. Global Vision Art designs prioritize maximizing capabilities such as image quality and light gathering ability over conveniences such as compactness or zoom range so photographers can take artistic expression to the next level. To that end, the 24-105mm Art uses a great deal of high quality Super Multi-Layer coated glass including three Aspherical, two SLD, & two FLD glass elements, along with 9 circular aperture blades to provide superior results. The SLD glass elements and FLD glass elements (which are equivalent to fluorite), help correct both axial and chromatic aberration. At any aperture this outstanding lens produce beautiful images with great peripheral illumination.<
The 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM A uses an internal focusing mechansim driven by a HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) for quiet, high speed, accurate autofocusing with full time manual focus override. The lens is also compatible with Sigma's USB dock and Optimization Pro software for adjusting and fine tuning focusing parameters. The built-in Optical Stabilizer (OS) system significantly reduces lens/camera shake for sharper shots. The OS system allows handheld shooting with shutters speeds up to 4 stops slower than otherwise practical. Select use of Thermally Composite Material (TSC) reduces size and weight while increasing durability. The lens barrel features a zoom lock switch.
- Premium wide-angle to short telephoto zoom
- Sigma Global Vision Art ("A") Lens
- State of the art fully multi-coated optics designed for high resolution digital sensors
- Full 35mm format frame coverage
- For Nikon F Mount (G Type)
- Bright f/4 maximum aperture through entire zoom range
- Three Aspherical elements
- Two FLD glass elements
- Two SLD glass elements
- Optical Stabilizer (OS) with up to 4 stops equivalent stability
- IF (Internal Focus) design
- Practical wide-angle to short telephoto zoom range
- Fast HSM (HyperSonic Motor) is responsive and quiet
- Efficient internal focus design aids focus speed
- Full-time manual focus override
- Large easy to read AF/MF switch
- Zoom lock
- Close focuses to .45m (17.7in)
- Uses 82mm filters
Available accessories include: Sigma USB Dock, 82mm filters, Sigma LH876-02 635 Hood, CS0337 Case.