The Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens (Sigma model 340-101) is large aperture high performance wide angle lens designed for full frame digital SLR cameras in Canon EOS EF mount. The 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM A is Sigma's first Global Vision "Art" category lens design. Global Vision Art lenses are optics that prioritize maximizing capabilities such as image quality and light gathering ability over conveniences such as compactness or zoom range so photographers can take artistic expression to the next level. To that end, the 35mm 1.4 DG HSM Art uses a great deal of Aspherical, SLD, & FLD glass elements in a floating design, along with 9 circular aperture blades to provide remarkable results with outstanding aperture options that produce beautiful images. The SLD glass elements and FLD glass elements (which are equivalent to fluorite), help correct both axial and chromatic aberration. The floating focusing system allows for superior optical performance at a closer shooting distances and is driven by a HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) for quiet, high speed, accurate autofocusing. The lens is also compatible with Sigma's USB dock and Optimization Pro software for adjusting and fine tuning focusing parameters.
The versatile 35mm focal length has long been a staple of photography. Many pros (if not most) consider the natural perspective and flexible utility of a good fast 35mm a must have. The Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is exemplary, it's a thoughtfully engineered and well made lens that can make photographic art at the highest level.
- Sigma Global Vision Art ("A") Lens
- Full 35mm format frame coverage
- 56mm equivalent when cropped to APS-C format
- Highly corrected optical design
- Floating elements for consistent quality through focus range
- State of the art fully multi-coated optics designed for digital
- 2 Aspherical Elements
- 1 FLD ("F" flourite equivalent Low Dispersion) element
- 4 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) elements
- Ultra bright f/1.4 maximum aperture
- 9 bladed circular aperture
- Fast HSM (HyperSonic Motor) is responsive and quiet
- Efficient internal focus design aids focus speed
- Full-time manual focus override
- Improved AF/MF switch
- Close focuses to .3m (11.8in)
Available accessories include: LH730-03 340 Lens Hood, 67mm filters, Sigma USB Dock.