The Sony a6000 is a compact APS-C sensor Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera with fast shooting and autofocus performance. It's a powerful yet conveniently sized camera with capabilities previously found only in full size cameras. With the versatility of changeable lenses and the quality of a relatively large high resolution sensor the a6000 is one of the best travel and general purpose cameras around.
The a6000 is notable as the world's fastest focusing and shooting APS-C format camera at the time of it's introduction, a title previously only held by larger SLR cameras. The Fast Hybrid AF system uses 179 phase-detection & 25 contrast-detection AF points coupled to deliver decisive split second autofocus adjustments. Unburdened with a mirror mechanism the a6000 can shoot full resolution still images continuously at speeds up to 11fps (frames per second) with tracking autofocus. It's been said that "eyes are the window to the soul", so Sony's Eye AF setting detects and prioritizes focus on eyes.The self cleaning 24 Megapixel APS-C image sensor with coupled BionzX image processor produce excellent images having excellent dynamic range &low noise. Shooting in low light is easier than ever since the a6000 has ISOs from 100 to 25,600 or even 51,200 when Multi-Frame Noise Reduction is turned on. A built-in pop-up flash is there when you need it and the camera has a Sony Multi-Interface Shoe for mounting larger flashes or other accessories like external microphones for videography.
The a6000 can film Full HD AVCHD 2.0/MP4 movies at resolutions of 1080p60, 1080i60, & 1080p24. The large tilting 3inch LCD screen and gorgeous 1.44 million dot OLED EVF (Electronic View Finder) look great. Menu/settings navigation is easy thanks in part to highly customizable controls and interfaces.
The a6000 is often paired with Sony's equally compact 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Power Zoom lens which allows smooth zooming during videos and features Optical Steady Shot which helps prevent loss of sharpness due to camera/lense movement while filming and photographing. An extensive line-up of other Sony E and FE lenses are available to suit any application and image quality level imaginable.
If you're looking for a camera that gives you better images without extra weight the a6000 is the perfect solution. It's a versatile camera for photographing or filming your family, friends, and adventures.
- 24.3-megapixel APS-C image sensor
- Sony E Mount allows use of E and FE lenses
- Blazing fast 11 fps (frame per second) continuous shooting with AF
- Fast Hybrid AF system with 179 phase-detection & 25 contrast-detection AF points
- Eye AF ensures sharpest focus where it matters most
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- ISOs from ISO 100-25,600
- ISO expandable to 51,200 using Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- Full HD movies at up to 1080p60
- High resolution 1.44 million dot OLED EVF(Electronic View Finder)
- Tilting 3inch LCD monitor display screen
- Built-in pop-up flash
- Multi-Interface Shoe accepts flashes and accessories with ISO style foot
- Wi-Fi, NFC, Micro HDMI, and Micro USB Connectivity
- Removable NP-FW50 battery charges while connected to USB
Available accessories include extra NP-FW50 batteries, Sony E and FE lenses, HVL-F##M series flashes, and Phase One Capture One Express for Raw file conversions.