The Alpha 7 is a full frame mirrorless digital camera from Sony. It's one of the lightest and most portable full frame, interchangeable-lens cameras available. The A7's robust capabilities are sure to give you a new frame of mind; with 24.3MP of rich detail, a true-to-life 2.4 million dot OLED viewfinder, Wi-Fi sharing and an expandable shoe system, it's all the full-frame performance you ever wanted in a more compact size that will change your perspective entirely.
The Alpha A7 uses Sony's E-Mount. While the A7 readily accepts APS-C coverage E-Mount lenses with respectable results, they aren't able to utilize the full resolution the camera's larger imaging sensor. Sony's larger coverage FE series lenses are recommended to get the most out of the full 35mm format frame 24.3MP resolution Exmor CMOS sensor.
The A7 uses a very fast Hybrid AF (AutoFocus) system with phase-detection and fast Intelligent AF and the Bionz X image processor allows up to 5fps high-speed continuous shooting. ISO's options range from ISO 100-256000 and the A7 offers 14-bit RAW recording to deliver highest quality low noise images.
The 3inch tilting Xtra Fine LCD has articulates between 84° up and 45° down for easy and convenient compisition and menu navigation as well as improved visibility in bright daylight. The camera's interface provides intuitive shooting controls and simple connectivity to compatible smartphones and devices via Wi-Fi or NFC.
Originally introduced to superlative reviews in late 2013 the A7 has helped define the camera ecosystem of the future. A year later Sony released a follow-on the Alpha A7II with sensor based image stabilization, increased grip size, and more metal construction (albiet with some size and weight penalty). Because both models have similar performance, the original Sony Alpha A7 remains quite popular (especially with tripod users) due to it's more attractive pricing.
- 24.3 Megapixel Full Frame 35mm format CMOS Sensor
- Fast Bionz X image processor
- ISO's from 100-25,600
- Sony E-Mount (both E and FE lenses)
- OLED Tru-Finder 2.4 million dot XGA resolution EVF (Electronic Viewfinder)
- Bright informative viewfinder allows superior exposure and bokeh visualization
- Easy Focus Magnifying and customizable Focus Peaking display
- 2.95" Tilting LCD Monitor with 921,600 dots
- Fast 117 point Hybrid AF system with subject lock on capability
- Continous shooting at up to 5fps (frames per second)
- Movie recording at up to 1080p60, uncompressed HDMI output
- Built-in stereo microphone & mono speaker
- SDXC and Memory Stick Duo HG card slots
- Micro HDMI, micro USB, headphone minijack, and microphone minijack connections
- Built-in WiFi & NFC connectivity
- Multi Interface Hot Shoe, 1/125s flash sync
- Self cleaning sensor
- Dust and moisture sealing
- Customizable controls buttons
Available accessories include: VG-C1EM Vertical Battery Grip, extra NP-FW50 batteries & chargers, external microphones, HVL Series Pre-Flash capable Multi Interface shoe mount flash units, replacement FDA-EP18 Eyecup, ALC-B1EM Body Cap, Capture One Express for Sony post processing software, Sony and Zeiss E Mount Lenses, a broad range of lens mount adapters.