The Sony RX1R II is a premium compact, professional quality, high resolution and high-speed full-frame digital camera. The magnesium alloy body was engineered to be the toughest camera for your most demanding situations. Coupled with intuitive, versatile dials and the outstandingly sharp and fast Zeiss 35mm f/2 lens, this is one perfect compact, full-frame camera for landscape, street, and all around general usage.
The fully retractable Tru-Finder features 0.74x magnification. The optical system consists of four glass lens elements including two molded-glass aspherical lenses, corner-to-corner clarity, minimal distortion, anti-reflective ZEISS T* Coating, and brilliant reproduction of recording detail. The EVF can instantly, precisely preview how your settings will affect an image.
The 42.4-megapixel back-illuminated 35mm full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensor is powered by the BIONZ X image processing engine to support 14-bit uncompressed RAW images. Getting an ISO range of ISO 100-25,600 which is expandable to ISO 50-102,400 provides the ultimate low-light and high-speed performance available today.
The Sony RX1R II features the world's first optical variable low pass filter which has been optimized for the massive 42 MP sensor. This is used to create the desired image quality and resolution based on the presence moir?-inducing high spatial frequency objects.
The Fast Hybrid auto-focus system offers up 25 contrast detection points and 399 phase detection points covering about half the sensor. The modes available here are Single, Continuous and Manual focus as well as AF-A and DMF modes. The RX1R II allows you to switch the focus areas between Wide Area, Center Area, Flexible Spot, Expand Flexible Spot, Eye AF, Lock-on AF, Face Detection, Face Registration, Smile shutter, and more.
The superbly paired Zeiss Sonnar T* 35 mm F2 lens has been designed with a proprietary AA (advanced aspherical) lens element and minimal lens unit movement. This allows the lens (and camera body) to be very light and compact. The lens and sensor imaging plane are perfectly calibrated to optimize resolution with clarity that's consistent throughout each image. This lens is arguably one of the sharpest on the market.
The Sony RX1R II supports XAVC S movie recording to capture full HD motion picture footage at frame rates of 60p (50p), 30p (25p), or 24p, and at a high bitrate of 50 Mbps.
- Ultra premium compact camera with astounding image quality
- Magnesium alloy body
- 42.4MP back-illuminated full-frame 35mm sized CMOS sensor (larger than most DSLRs)
- BIONZ X image processing engine
- Variable Optical Low-Pass Filter
- ISO 100-25600 (1/3 EV step) expandable 50 to 102400
- Carl Zeiss 35mm f/2.0 Sonnar T* lens produces outstanding sharpness, color, & contrast
- 399 focal plane phase-detection AF
- Wider AF coverage / Faster AF response
- Burt shooting up tp 5fps
- Shoots JPEG and Raw simultaneously
- Retractable 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder
- Dedicated lens mounted control rings for aperture, focus distance, and infinity/macro range selection
- Dedicated controls for focus mode (AF, MF, Direct MF), exposure mode, exposure compensation, focus mode, video recording, AEL (Auto Exposure Lock), & Playback
- Tiltable LCD screen
- Wi-Fi, NFC, Micro HDMI & Micro USB 2.0, and Hotshoe connectivity
- SDXC and Sony MemoryStick Pro-HG Duo card slots
- Compact & portable, measures just 2.83in deep x 2.57in tall x 4.45in wide, weighs 18oz with battery
Accessories include the LHP-1 Lens Hood, TGA-1 Thumb Grip, NP-BX1 X-Series Rechargeable Battery Pack, FDA-V1K ZEISS Optical Viewfinder Kit, and much more.