The Carl Zeiss E 16-70mm ZA OSS is a premium quality multi-purpose zoom lens for Sony E-Mount cameras. The lens employs state of the art engineering to produce clarity in a high-performance mid-range zoom. The integral Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system works to counteract image blur caused by camera shake during hand-help shooting. The lens design keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from it wide-open setting to when it's closed by 2 stops for a more smoother natural defocusing result. Incorporating aspherical and extra dispersion lens elements to reduce spherical aberration and chromatic aberration to deliver superior contrast and quality across the entire image field. The special Carl Zeiss T* coating is added to eliminate lens flare, internal reflection and light scattering to contribute to stunning image quality with high contrast and edge-to-edge high resolution . The internal focusing system uses a linear AF motor for fast and quiet autofocus.
Experience stunning Carl Zeiss quality in a compact mid-range zoom lens. The 4x zoom range of this lens extends from 24mm to 105mm (35mm full equivalent), making it ideal for a wide range of common subject and situations.
- Very versatile zoom lens for Sony E-Mount Cameras
- Zooms from wide angle into the portrait lens range
- APS-C sensor coverage
- (35mm format equivalent: 24?105 mm)
- Excellent image quality (designed to Zeiss standards)
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass element & 4 aspherical elements for maximum correction
- Renowned Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Relatively bright f/4 maximum aperture stays constant through zoom range
- OSS (Optical Steady Shot) helps prevent loss of sharpness
- Internal Focus design with fast quiet linear AF motor
- 7-bladed circular aperture produces pleasing out of focus areas
- Focuses down to 0.35m (1.15ft)
- Weighs just 308g (10.9oz)
- Uses 55mm filters
Available accessories include: reversible ALC-SH127 Lens Hood (petal style), ALC-F55S 55mm Front Cap, ALC-R1EM Rear Cap and 55m filters.